Sky suite difference

gizmodog

Has anyone been in an edge class sunset sky suite vs an S class sunset  sky suite . Looking at videos the edge class doesn’t look much bigger than a regular sunset veranda. The S class look like bigger suites.

also, with the bath shower combo in the suites on edge class, is that tub high to step into? Are their handles to hold on to in the shower if the ship is rocking?  
closets also look very small.

just looking for info from anyone who has cruised in one or both.

1 hour ago, gizmodog said:

Has anyone been in an edge class sunset sky suite vs an S class sunset  sky suite . Looking at videos the edge class doesn’t look much bigger than a regular sunset veranda. The S class look like bigger suites.

also, with the bath shower combo in the suites on edge class, is that tub high to step into? Are their handles to hold on to in the shower if the ship is rocking?  
closets also look very small.

just looking for info from anyone who has cruised in one or both.

Can tell you unless you are stable on your feet the tub in any ship is difficult to step in.

As for the showers, if the ship is rocking - which would be very unusual - getting into ANY shower - grab bars or not - could be a bad decision.

The Sunset Verandas are huge but often kept initially for families and are being reclassified.

The shower/tub in the E class Sky suites is roughly 15” deep, not has high a step as the M or S class.

There is 1 grab bar but not in a location that makes it easier to get in or out.  We were on a cruise in bad weather, lots of rocking and lurching.  I don’t have balance issues but choose not to risk falling and instead of a shower I took a bath and used the handheld shower head to shampoo.  It was still a bit tricky to stand and get out on a rocking ship

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Can tell you unless you are stable on your feet the tub in any ship is difficult to step in.

As for the showers, if the ship is rocking - which would be very unusual - getting into ANY shower - grab bars or not - could be a bad decision.

The Sunset Verandas are huge but often kept initially for families and are being reclassified.

We have two SV’s booked, along with Sunset Suites just for the two of us. I am on Apex now on the b2b/TA…we also have SV’s booked for NZ and AUS.  What exactly is this new information?  Are you speaking about family verandas?  More information please!

Edited by Lastdance

Personally I like my cabin mid ship aft. We have stayed in a mid ship sky suite in the Edge. For me it is about location. E Class Retreat and Luminae are all the way forward. Sunset suites are all the way aft. With the S Class ships sunset suites are closer to the Retreat and Luminae.