Testing before cruise

di T

I'm confused, I'm doing the check in for my cruise from Lisbon and everything I've read regarding testing on the country by counry page on the NCL website and an email from NCL specific for the cruise does not mention any form of testing. However to check in I have to tick a box to say I will have a negative antigen or PCR test result in order board the ship. Anyone else come across this?

I would draw your attention to the caveat (mentioned twice, in the first sentence and the last sentence of the opening paragraph) that "...destination specific travel requirements supersede any NCL embarkation protocols".

It also cautions you to read the entire document carefully so that you are aware of the requirements specific to the country you are visiting.

There is at least one disconnect on NCL's page linked above.   Australia no longer requires testing or proof of status for entry.  The information on NCL's page is incorrect.  Link to Australia info: https://www.health.gov.au/health-alerts/covid-19/international-travel/cruise-travel

Edited by davencl

Just spoken to NCL and was told the check in page has not been updated. There is definitely  no testing requirement to board the ship. The person I spoke to was going to get in touch with the necessary department to get the page updated.

Edited by Kayak25
spelling
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Kayak25 said:

Just spoken to NCL and was told the check in page has not been updated. There is definitely  no testing requirement to board the ship. The person I spoke to was going to get in touch with the necessary department to get the page updated.

That's a relief ... hope you do a review or comments on the Sun. We were on the Jade in September - Greek Islands - fantastic !!

41 minutes ago, Kayak25 said:

Hope this will be the case! We are also sailing from and back to Lisbon and we have had to do the proctored tests before sailing on three cruises in the last5 months.It was very stressful and I’ll be glad if it has been stopped.

15 hours ago, di T said:

Hope this will be the case! We are also sailing from and back to Lisbon and we have had to do the proctored tests before sailing on three cruises in the last5 months.It was very stressful and I’ll be glad if it has been stopped.

We did a cruise from Iceland in July and had to go through the testing process, I know exactly what you mean, it is stressful and expensive.

16 hours ago, room with a view said:

That's a relief ... hope you do a review or comments on the Sun. We were on the Jade in September - Greek Islands - fantastic !!

Will do, Sun is probably our favourite Norwegian ship. We are on the Jade early next year.

We had to provide a Negative Covid Test and Certificate ... we had our done at a small testing lab on Ermou Street - cost  5 euros for an Antigen test. 

We met a couple who thought all they had to do was show proof of vaccination - wrong !!. They were tested at the port and charged 60 euros each for a simple antigen test.

We had four days in Athens and were worried we may test positive ..though we had been ever so careful.

We tested ourselves pre flight after flight, first day in Athens ... all negative and after our Official Test ..negative  we had our certificate. 

It is stressful ...so we are pleased we don't have to go through all this for boarding in Lisbon.

20 hours ago, davencl said:

There is at least one disconnect on NCL's page linked above.   Australia no longer requires testing or proof of status for entry.  The information on NCL's page is incorrect.  Link to Australia info: https://www.health.gov.au/health-alerts/covid-19/international-travel/cruise-travel

So,,, just remember that NCL's rules are the rules. Failure to follow NCL's rules will result in denial of boarding. And the written rules supersede anything you get from the call center personnel. 

For the longest time, NCL required 100% vaccinated passengers. That exceeded the rules you could find on the internet and exceeded most other cruise lines. NCL's testing requirements of testing on day of embarkation exceeded the rules you could find on the internet, but failure to test on day of embarkation would result in denial of boarding.