Buffet on Summit

HardyVA

13 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Last Cruise I to a cloth napkin and wrapped around my hand to avoid touching.     Luckily I was just having a salad but when got done found you had to grab a jug of dressing.  

I hate to sound like a gearmaphobe but in my years of cruising I've had Covid as well as Norovirus.   I try to never touch hand railings, elevator buttons etc. and wash and sanitize often.

WE are very much alike! I have always done the same but this time I will have a gloved hand,

21 minutes ago, stellarose said:

have not sailed celebrity in years.  have done Carnival for a long time.  hoping breakfast by the solarium is good. OVC sounds good but looking something different. 

Food at the Spa Cafe in the Solarium is excellent-- nice selections--- clean, quiet area to enjoy breakfast or lunch.

Generally , food in the OVC is pretty good with a wide variety to choose from ( Asian, Indian, American-- but, No " Good Canadian " deli  products----

The "turn-off" is the number of slobs in the OVC ( the Slugfest on 14 )---- (as posted 100's of times on CC ).

Overall for us, the service, food, cleanliness makes Celebrity our " Go to " cruise line.

3 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Food at the Spa Cafe in the Solarium is excellent-- nice selections--- clean, quiet area to enjoy breakfast or lunch.

Generally , food in the OVC is pretty good with a wide variety to choose from ( Asian, Indian, American-- but, No " Good Canadian " deli  products----

The "turn-off" is the number of slobs in the OVC ( the Slugfest on 14 )---- (as posted 100's of times on CC ).

Overall for us, the service, food, cleanliness makes Celebrity our " Go to " cruise line.

What is a "Good Canadian " Deli product?  Spent 3 months in Canada this year - BC and New Brunswick.   Did I miss something?

As already said saw only a couple rare instances of slovenly behavior on Summit this August.  As for getting ill from eating there, I mostly use my table utensils, wash my hands just before eating and keep my hands away from my face.

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

2 hours ago, Pinboy said:

Expand  

What is a "Good Canadian " Deli product?

Oh Boy- too many to mention, probably anything served in any Deli in Montreal, Quebec City or Toronto.

Smoked meat , kosher dill pickles, and especially Montreal bagels.

Couldn’t find anything like it on any cruise  ship.

Perhaps other CCers can add to this.

On 11/2/2022 at 7:41 PM, Pinboy said:

Oh Boy- too many to mention, probably anything served in any Deli in Montreal, Quebec City or Toronto.

Smoked meat , kosher dill pickles, and especially Montreal bagels.

Couldn’t find anything like it on any cruise  ship.

Perhaps other CCers can add to this.

Love Montreal Deli.

But - no way i'd find the same on a cruise ship. It would be like me expecting New York pizza instead of the weird "pizza" they serve. 🙂 

• Like 1