Does MSC have Black Friday sales?

claireruth

On 11/1/2022 at 7:18 PM, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

Yes, they always run a Black Friday / Cyber Monday special.

It might be an extra discount or free drink package or something else.

I booked a cruise the week between Christmas and New Years in December 2020 for a Nov 2021 sailing and I got a really good deal. I'm trying to decide should I book a Black Friday deal or wait for the after Christmas, I didn't get what I really wanted for Christmas deals.... Right now they are offering free kids deals OR free wifi and drinks.  It would be nice if I could get both 😁

I tried using wayback machine to see what deals were available last November but alas the site isn't archived on the right dates.

Keen to know what BF deals were offered to UK market last year.

19 hours ago, Ryan82 said:

Looking on wayback machine this was the offer last November for US market.

Screen Shot 2022-11-07 at 07.59.54.png

So not much different then what's currently going on.  Right now selected sailings have kids go free, I'm assuming this may be all kids are free?  I have a 3.5 year old sailing and maybe a 13 year old so that matters to me.  Would love free drinks and especially wifi too

31 minutes ago, Ryan82 said:

Black Friday sale now lie on US - no idea if the discounts are good, but you get onboard credit, free drinks and wifi. not sure what they'll offer UK market.

Not really. I was curious for the cruise we booked and this new "sale" for black Friday actually made it more than what we paid. 

• Like 1

Just now, AerynSun_JohnCrighton said:

Not really. I was curious for the cruise we booked and this new "sale" for black Friday actually made it more than what we paid. 

I have looked occasionally at the USA site (curiosity more than anything) and I wasn't convinced the discounts were that great either.

• Like 1

Just looked at a cruise I have booked that I've kept an eye on for some time.  They said that the price has been reduced for Black Friday with a "was" price and now an "is" Black Friday price.

I believe that the price is exactly the same.  I don't recall seeing the higher price that they referred to.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AerynSun_JohnCrighton said:

Same here as last night I got the free drinks and Wi-Fi.  Today is the same price without those, but, giving me $100 OBC. Glad I made the leap last night but will keep checking until Final payment.

• Like 2

I have been waiting to pull the trigger on a Divina YC booking for '24. In September, I received a quote from the TA, with the Voyagers Selections discount and it is the same price as the "new" Black Friday Voyagers price.

The $200 OBC is a new development, however, so I'm glad to have waited.

Out of fairness, I have the same experience with Celebrity.  The price did not go down on my 2023 sailing, despite their breathless new "Black Friday" sale.

And while AMZN does have legit sales, I've seen them raise the price of items I'm tracking in my cart, just to lower them to what they originally were for their "Black Friday" sale.

Edited by Stockjock

Cruises are in high demand right now-you are not going to see good sales. Last month MSC processed 400,000 new reservations! If you find a price you are comfortable with it-book it.... 

Edited by mmbcater

I was looking last night at a repositioning cruise in May, but didn’t book because I wanted to check airfares this morning. I went back to MSC to book and now they aren’t allowing solo bookings for that sailing. I called MSC because I thought it was a website issue and the agent said a minimum of 2 per cabin was required to book that sailing now. I’ve never seen this before.

Edited by JT1962

5 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Out of fairness, I have the same experience with Celebrity.  The price did not go down on my 2023 sailing, despite their breathless new "Black Friday" sale.

And while AMZN does have legit sales, I've seen them raise the price of items I'm tracking in my cart, just to lower them to what they originally were for their "Black Friday" sale.

FB_IMG_1606341499734(1)(1).jpg

• Haha 2

Checked our already booked Spring break cruise.  It is hard to compare apples to apples since our category shows sold out.  The price for one deck higher is now $636 more on the Black Friday special, but includes 2 perks we did not get when we booked (drinks & wifi).  If you usually get the drinks package it may be worth some savings.  When I log in to our cruise, the cost of the Easy Plus shows $357 per person... Since we do not buy the drinks package, I am happy with the price we paid.  

My motto is to book when I like the price, then reprice or cancel and rebook if the price drops later.  🙂 

• Like 2