Live From The Getaway..... 1-8-2023

Laszlo

4 hours ago, intrepid_guy said:

Unless I am missing it, no mention of tendering on the above Daily.... Hopefully, that will be the case when we arrive.

~Intrepid.

No tendering, I never thought it would happen. Last time I checked, with the exception of San Juan we are the only ship in port when we dock. That was a few months ago when I checked

I’ve got the first two of 8-10 videos done. I won’t even attempt to upload a 6GB 4K file to YT from the ship Lol

EFC12D0F-7932-4736-99E3-CBB26FFF570B.jpeg

2E3F511B-A71C-4798-AED3-B53780C9A213.jpeg

C69077B3-5A85-4C63-9CF9-5917C868BAB3.jpeg

EE2AB764-7229-4AED-927E-6061D528AEF2.jpeg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, intrepid_guy said:

Current bath products in the Haven. From previous videos I thought the shower was larger in our Haven Spa Balcony.

In 2019 when we sailed in the Haven on the Escape I thought the robes were Terry Cloth, now they are a pretty thin cotton

Laundry is $29, our cabin has two larger nylon bags. We have coupons for Free laundry will use on Sunday or Monday 

9AE22368-1645-41AC-99E1-BC8354382036.jpeg

BB1D7234-5E3E-4DBC-BC65-F38170631FA2.jpeg

A0D8B4DF-BE7A-42DC-952C-4B2C6F9189DB.jpeg

E1025C10-A4E2-4B80-8150-78400C80F813.jpeg

97728741-2E40-4656-9646-FD42B5EEA747.jpeg

Edited by Laszlo
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, intrepid_guy said:

Unless I am missing it, no mention of tendering on the above Daily.... Hopefully, that will be the case when we arrive.

~Intrepid.

On day 6 and it looks like burn the floor is on for 3 nights already.

• Like 1

Whoever said a bad day at the beach is better than a good day at work never did this beach excursion. We leave 30 minutes late, takes an hour to get there, now we have two hours on the beach. Meet us promptly at 2:00pm. Everyone shows up, the bus is 45 minutes late😡

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

Whoever said a bad day at the beach is better than a good day at work never did this beach excursion. We leave 30 minutes late, takes an hour to get there, now we have two hours on the beach. Meet us promptly at 2:00pm. Everyone shows up, the bus is 45 minutes late😡

Which beach did you go to?

37 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

Noooooooo!!!! I think I'd still choose work, but definitely expect some compensation. I know, it's NCL, so none will be had, but you should.

11 minutes ago, registrar said:

Please tell us what excursion you went on.

We are on next cruise! Don’t want to travel an hour. 

It’s north of the port, I forget the name, our beach access was next to the Sandals Resort…..it was the Fun Bus Excursion to the beach…. lots of people complaining how lame it was. Since it was a weekday traffic in the city was horrible 

7 hours ago, Laszlo said:

We were docked at the commercial pier, not the normal cruise ship one.  The commercial pier is in the heart of the city, so it has more traffic.  According to my tour guide, there should have been space for both ships at the cruise ship terminal, but it might have been the government that sent us to the commercial pier.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kitkat343 said:

We were docked at the commercial pier, not the normal cruise ship one.  The commercial pier is in the heart of the city, so it has more traffic.  According to my tour guide, there should have been space for both ships at the cruise ship terminal, but it might have been the government that sent us to the commercial pier.

Interesting….

I was confused what was going on when we past the pier and landed over by the containers, not real passenger friendly

Today we are headed over to Silver Moon for 5 hours of sailing and snorkeling. At 5:55am we are at the Barbados breakwater

• Like 1

Just now, Rubybadu said:

How has it been with 3 and half thousand on board, I make the numbers about 75% full so interest to see how busy it has felt. 

To be honest most of our ship board time has been spent in the Haven which has been very nice. I’ve heard complaints of it being too crowded from friends not in the Haven. We experienced really bad service in the Tropical dining room with our friends. However we had dinner at Savor Thursday night just to mix it up and the meal and service were great. One thing NCL needs to change especially on longer than 7 day cruises is the menu…. It needs to be rotated during the cruise with other choices 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, registrar said:

Please give us a review of your Silver Moon trip. Was this booked thru NCL or privately?

Awesome day with Silver Moon, this is always booked thru them direct. It was $120 each if I remember correctly. We had 8 people with a 3 person crew on a 55ft cat. We saw sea turtles and large leopard rays and first site, second second site had two wrecks, we then sailed north a few miles. Anchored off the beach, swam, had a great lunch and swam again. It was 5 hours start to finish 

18876049-A192-453F-81F7-C0B7490EAAFD.jpeg

889D75A9-F78F-4AB3-A819-5F56A83031B2.jpeg

6E8A1458-6E3A-4AEC-9655-EEDA5BE5D406.jpeg

A1361E6F-E7EC-4FB1-B4C5-BE7190356A64.jpeg

8E742600-9C4D-44DB-94FD-A5D2D3370847.jpeg

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

Do you by any chance know who the current Head Mixologists are?

Looks like you are having a wonderful time.

The last time I was in Barbados there a tour out to the Concorde Museum.  Is it still offered?

Sorry I don’t