Live From the Jade, Nov 13 to Dec 21, from Athens to Cape Town

Ken the cruiser

19 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks! We will actually board our B3B a few weeks later in Athens on Oct 28 with transition ports in Istanbul and Venice before disembarking in Civitavecchia (Rome). But your 10-day cruise looks pretty awesome!

Are you on the Getaway or Epic later this year?

19 minutes ago, kirsten1526 said:

Are you on the Getaway or Epic later this year?

We're on the Dawn later this month in the Caribbean. But we'll be on the Getaway in Oct-Nov 2024 on the Med B3B cruise I was referring to above.

Update: In actuality, we'll be on a 10-day Caribbean cruise on the Dawn, followed by 4 days at Disney World, and then a 4-day Bahamas cruise on the Disney Wish, all of which I'll hopefully be covering in an NCL Live From thread. 

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We're on the Dawn later this month in the Caribbean. But we'll be on the Getaway in Oct-Nov 2024 on the Med B3B cruise I was referring to above.

Update: In actuality, we'll be on a 10-day Caribbean cruise on the Dawn, followed by 4 days at Disney World, and then a 4-day Bahamas cruise on the Disney Wish, all of which I'll hopefully be covering in an NCL Live From thread. 

Sounds amazing!! We will be on the Epic (sounds a lot like your itinerary) Dec 12 (embark in Haifa and debark in Venice). Hope you enjoy!!! Look forward to your impressions of the Getaway (and the Dawn)!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

For those interested I just started a Live From thread over on the Celebrity Forum that will cover our 33-day cruise from Sydney to Vancouver by way of Honolulu on the Celebrity Eclipse. So if you would like to learn more about what it's currently like to cruise on a Celebrity S-Class ship, you're more than welcome to follow along. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi all! I just started my Live From thread associated with our upcoming 17-day Japan/South Korea B2B cruise on the Diamond Princess starting July 10. Please feel free to follow along as I will try my best to post pictures from around the ship as well as of the wildlife and scenery we may see along the way!! 😀

• Like 2

Hi Ken….Annette from Brisbane here….I followed your cruise on NCL Jade from Athens to Cape Town so am looking forward to following your Japan Cruise! We did a similar cruise around Japan and to Busan in S Korea back in 2018! We had a week before the cruise in Osaka and Tokyo and then joined the cruise in Yokohama! We loved Japan soo much to see and fortunately we arrived in Aomori …the northern tip of Honshu….to see 1000 cherry blossom trees in bloom at Hirosaki….a sight to behold I can tell you! Enjoy your cruise….I know you will love Japan! There’s a lot to see in such a short time and remember that the castles and houses in Japan are made from wood…no stone or bricks are used! I hope you get to Kyoto to see the Red Crimson Gates ! ⛩️⛩️ Cheers Annette 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, jolli said:

Hi Ken….Annette from Brisbane here….I followed your cruise on NCL Jade from Athens to Cape Town so am looking forward to following your Japan Cruise! We did a similar cruise around Japan and to Busan in S Korea back in 2018! We had a week before the cruise in Osaka and Tokyo and then joined the cruise in Yokohama! We loved Japan soo much to see and fortunately we arrived in Aomori …the northern tip of Honshu….to see 1000 cherry blossom trees in bloom at Hirosaki….a sight to behold I can tell you! Enjoy your cruise….I know you will love Japan! There’s a lot to see in such a short time and remember that the castles and houses in Japan are made from wood…no stone or bricks are used! I hope you get to Kyoto to see the Red Crimson Gates ! ⛩️⛩️ Cheers Annette 

Thanks! We are definitely excited!! I just posted descriptions of some of the excursions we will be going on during the first leg of the cruise. We will be going to Osaka (for Kyoto) twice during the B2B, so hopefully we'll be able to see the Red Crimson Gates while we're there! 😀

22 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks! We are definitely excited!! I just posted descriptions of some of the excursions we will be going on during the first leg of the cruise. We will be going to Osaka (for Kyoto) twice during the B2B, so hopefully we'll be able to see the Red Crimson Gates while we're there! 😀

Kyoto is a few hours drive from Osaka so it will be a long day for you! If I remember rightly you only ever go on the Cruise Excursions…is that right?Theres a lot of walking in Kyoto ! Are you just staying in Kobe for one of those days?If so there is a free HOHO Bus in Kobe and you must get off at the Herb Gardens and take the Ropeway….Chairlift….to the top and then walk down through all the gardens….a sight to behold with little cafes and hot houses on the way down! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jolli said:

Kyoto is a few hours drive from Osaka so it will be a long day for you! If I remember rightly you only ever go on the Cruise Excursions…is that right?Theres a lot of walking in Kyoto ! Are you just staying in Kobe for one of those days?If so there is a free HOHO Bus in Kobe and you must get off at the Herb Gardens and take the Ropeway….Chairlift….to the top and then walk down through all the gardens….a sight to behold with little cafes and hot houses on the way down! 

If you could would you please post your above thoughts on my new Japan thread over on the Princess forum, so I can refer to your suggestions later on when we’re over there and decide to possibly just walk around some of the ports. BTW I just posted the excursions we’re going to be going on during the first leg of the cruise. 😁

Hi Ken!

Love your posts but have a question about this Africa cruise you took last year, ball park figure of cost of NCL excursions? 

You showed which excursions you took and they all sound perfect for us but it didn't show cost and NCL hasn't posted any excursions yet for any of their upcoming Africa cruises, 2024 or 2025.

We are looking at 2025 Dawn sailing Cape Town to Port Louis 12 days.

Thank you and keep cruising and posting your live feeds!

1 hour ago, mcmomny said:

Hi Ken!

Love your posts but have a question about this Africa cruise you took last year, ball park figure of cost of NCL excursions? 

You showed which excursions you took and they all sound perfect for us but it didn't show cost and NCL hasn't posted any excursions yet for any of their upcoming Africa cruises, 2024 or 2025.

We are looking at 2025 Dawn sailing Cape Town to Port Louis 12 days.

Thank you and keep cruising and posting your live feeds!

I had to do some checking, but I found the information you are looking for. What's listed below are the costs associated with the "primary" guest on the account. That's why both the $50 per excursion FAS discount as well as the Latitudes discount are listed. FWIW we thought the prices, with the applicable discounts were pretty reasonable. Yes, the Exclusive Luxor was expensive, but it was an awesome excursion!!! 😊

Leg 1 from Athens to Dubai.

image.thumb.png.741d609b0a43bdfc78ef286cf3175ae5.png  

Leg 2 Dubai to Cape Town

image.thumb.png.63ea6166295052310ce06027178697e3.png 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Ken,   Thanks for sharing your wealth of experience.  I am trying to find your postings for your 2/8 Dawn cruise to the Caribbean and cannot figure out how to retrieve it. We are headed that way on the Jade in Feb and I am ready to get more serious about excursions. Reading thru your posts is most helpful. Thanks. Brian

2 minutes ago, DooBop said:

Hi Ken,   Thanks for sharing your wealth of experience.  I am trying to find your postings for your 2/8 Dawn cruise to the Caribbean and cannot figure out how to retrieve it. We are headed that way on the Jade in Feb and I am ready to get more serious about excursions. Reading thru your posts is most helpful. Thanks. Brian

Here you go. Thanks for asking! 🙂

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

For those who might be interested in following along, I just started my Antarctica/SA Live From thread over on the Princess forum. We don't actually board the Sapphire Princess until Jan 20th, but I got excited and wanted to get it started, as it's going to be another awesome wildlife adventure!

• Thanks 1