Royal up question

mom1965

I received the email on Tuesday about bidding for our trip this coming Sunday.  We placed a bid.  Does anybody know when the latest that they will let you know if you get accepted.  I used my bank card for the bid and don't want to leave so much extra money in my checking account before we go on a vacation?

5 minutes ago, mom1965 said:

I received the email on Tuesday about bidding for our trip this coming Sunday.  We placed a bid.  Does anybody know when the latest that they will let you know if you get accepted.  I used my bank card for the bid and don't want to leave so much extra money in my checking account before we go on a vacation?

The cruise line states that they can notify you as late as two hours after the ship departs. You can possibly be in your room and then be moved at that time to the upgrade room unless you cancel before they accept your bid. Once they charge your credit card and accept your bid, you have no choice.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mom1965 said:

Being serious here, I received a Royal Up email once informing me that my bid will be considered after boarding.  So from that, I gather there isn't really a set timeframe.

20 minutes ago, soremekun said:

image.png.e057b863cda17a8d1af39c12738576c6.png

I stand corrected sir. I should have stated that a passenger could be in their original assigned room for at least two hours (or about) since many cabins are available at 1:00pm on day of sailing and the ships' departure times are usually around 4pm to 5pm.  A customer could be unpacked in their original room to be moved at time of departure to the upgraded room. 🙂

22 hours ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

The cruise line states that they can notify you as late as two hours after the ship departs. You can possibly be in your room and then be moved at that time to the upgrade room unless you cancel before they accept your bid. Once they charge your credit card and accept your bid, you have no choice.

I just received that kind of notice. “We’re still considering your bid and it may happen up until sailing…”.  Does anyone ever really get the upgrade that late or is just RCL covering “just in case” they have an unexpected open cabin come up?  Our cruise leaves Sunday and I’m wondering if we should really not unpack in our original cabin until we sail just in case they do upgrade us.  We bid on 3 balcony categories that are still showing “submitted”.

5 hours ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

Anyone out there ever have it happen and want to share?

Only once, and we didn't find out about until the next morning because someone had unplugged the phone in our original cabin.

On 11/3/2022 at 6:58 AM, soremekun said:

Being serious here, I received a Royal Up email once informing me that my bid will be considered after boarding.  So from that, I gather there isn't really a set timeframe.

With that last minute email , Believe your bid would be considered , if the guests assigned to cabins were unable to sail. For example of Covid or any other cancellation reason . But you were probably next in line . 

we have received that email a couple of times with not success . And we have had so far two junior  suite royal ups and one spacious ocean view balcony royal up . 

Edited by ssb

51 minutes ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

That stinks.  Were you still able to do the upgrade the next day?

Yes we did.everything in the drawers got tossed in  suitcases, and the cabin steward moved those and everything hanging in the closet.

Edited by orville99