What have they done.?

They had log in technical problems a couple of days ago but I think they are mostly fixed now. There is a lot less activity on this Marella forum nowadays however i still visit here as the 'other' place while having a lot of members is somewhat unstructured IMO

I agree Dave. I visit both sites on a very regular basis and am quite disappointed that there is hardly any activity on the Marella board. The other board is frantic at the moment with umpteen people being bounced off their cruises with no refunds due to incorrect completion of a pre cruise health questionnaire.  We are due to sail on Explorer next week and I have just had a pre cruise questionnaire sent on  email from TUI asking all sorts of questions relating to covid. Answers are yes/no. Scary. Sorry, don’t know why this has gone into itallics!!

2 hours ago, Rob1966 said:

I am due to cruise at Christmas, when am I likely to receive this questionnaire?

IIRC the paper questionaire was given to us to fill in between the airport  and the ship or as part of the boarding procedure. This was in September.

edit - i will check in the other place

Edited by davecttr

There is an online questionare to fill in, it is listed on the cruise control dashboard but you can't fill it in until 3 days before you travel. Be careful to read it and consider what ticking a box might mean for your holiday.

• Like 1

Absolutely. We got ours from Marella 3 days before boarding. We printed one out and discussed each question before going live and submitting it.  Suffice it to say that they then allowed us to download our tickets so obviously we had answered the questions ok and have not been bounced off the cruise with no refund unlike many unfortunate individuals on the other site that has been mentioned on here. One thing, make sure that you do it within the 72 hours of boarding, ie check the boarding time and don’t do the form until you are in that 72 hour window. Just in case…..!!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, pennib said:

P&O. Good luck. Will be interested to hear how you get on on Marella in the Caribbean. We are looking at their offerings but this Christmas we are with P&O again.

I’m sure we will have good fun, we did when we did India and Dubai with Marella. Having done PO a few times we much prefer the laid back feel of Marella.

This is scary.  Are the questions so difficult to understand/ambiguous that it's easy to give the wrong answer, even if you've had nothing to do with Covid lately?

Would someone be able to post a copy of the questionnaire, so that we can check it through in advance?

On 11/3/2022 at 10:28 PM, davecttr said:

They had log in technical problems a couple of days ago but I think they are mostly fixed now. There is a lot less activity on this Marella forum nowadays however i still visit here as the 'other' place while having a lot of members is somewhat unstructured IMO

Still can't log in on my phone but ok on tablet?

Sorry, can’t post it but it isn’t that the questions are difficult, you just have to be careful that you hit the right answer. I found that once you had selected your answer, you couldn’t change it. That is why you need to print off the form before you fill it in, then consider the answers before you go live on it. A cautionary tale: 12 months ago we were in the check in queue in Manchester airport for our flight to Barbados to board Azura, having taken 5 hours queuing to get to the check in queue. Everyone was tired and fed up. A P& O rep gave us all a health questionnaire form to fill in while we queued. The answers were mainly “no” but there was a sneaky one at the end which needed a “yes”. People had got so automated filling in “no” that most put “no” to that question at the end. The rep pointed this out and we could change our answers which of course we all did. Just imagine if those forms were on line with no opportunity to correct them. That is why you have to be careful! 

• Thanks 1

I can understand most peoples concerns but at the end of the day havant we all filled in a questionnaires with all cruise companies in various ports as to ur health before boarding  ie. Have u a cough ,have u had a cold etc etc . I think we all know now how to fill in as we have for before covid ?
or am I wrong?

1 hour ago, markmichelle87 said:

I know we are not allowed to mention any other community on here but are there any other boards that I can look at apart from FB. Obviously not looking for a name just a yes or no. 

Did you just mention FB ?🤦🏻😳😂😂

Edited by Brummijam

On 11/5/2022 at 7:12 PM, pennib said:

Sorry, can’t post it but it isn’t that the questions are difficult, you just have to be careful that you hit the right answer. I found that once you had selected your answer, you couldn’t change it. That is why you need to print off the form before you fill it in, then consider the answers before you go live on it. A cautionary tale: 12 months ago we were in the check in queue in Manchester airport for our flight to Barbados to board Azura, having taken 5 hours queuing to get to the check in queue. Everyone was tired and fed up. A P& O rep gave us all a health questionnaire form to fill in while we queued. The answers were mainly “no” but there was a sneaky one at the end which needed a “yes”. People had got so automated filling in “no” that most put “no” to that question at the end. The rep pointed this out and we could change our answers which of course we all did. Just imagine if those forms were on line with no opportunity to correct them. That is why you have to be careful! 

I am watching this topic with great interest. (We have an upcoming Canaries trip in December) any info regarding the questionnaire appreciated.🤒

On 11/5/2022 at 9:04 AM, pennib said:

Absolutely. We got ours from Marella 3 days before boarding. We printed one out and discussed each question before going live and submitting it.  Suffice it to say that they then allowed us to download our tickets so obviously we had answered the questions ok and have not been bounced off the cruise with no refund unlike many unfortunate individuals on the other site that has been mentioned on here. One thing, make sure that you do it within the 72 hours of boarding, ie check the boarding time and don’t do the form until you are in that 72 hour window. Just in case…..!!

Pennib ... I hope you mean 72 hours before boarding the plane, and not the ship? I have to go to my TA 72 hours before boarding the plane so she can print off all our documents. If it's before boarding the ship, I'm stuck.

Not sure if the 3 days needs to be exact, but might be worth checking.

I completed our questionnaire before our recent repo cruise on Explorer (came back Tuesday), and although my memory isn't great, I had the impression it had many more questions than it used to have.

Previously I thought there were about half a dozen, but latest version had more I think

Sorry to be  late replying but we are on Explorer now. We read it that the 72 hours is for the ship not the plane. There will be people on the plane who are not going to the ship so I don’t think the questionnaire applies to them. To be honest, the checking of documents was very cursory. A staff member asked to see our insurance docs but tbh I don’t think she really knew what she was looking at. Anyway, so far no masks for anyone save a few crew members who have a choice.