HIA - Shore excursion questions

majmaj4

I am experienced cruiser but no recent Holland America Experience.  And have some questions on the Have It All (HIA) Package. Currently the cruise does not show shore excursions from some ports but I don't want to miss out using my Have It All credit for interesting shore excursions, so I am trying to determine if I should go ahead and book something now using the credit and how flexible they are to change later.  I have $200 in shore excursion credit.

1) the fine print on HIA it says up to $100 per excursion, but when I started to do a mock booking for a shore excursion it looks like my $200 credit would cover all of the a $150 shore excursion leaving me $50 remaining credit.    Is the $200 flexible to cover a combination of shore excursions up the the $200 or is it really just $100 on 2 excursions?  

2)  If I book excursions less than $100 each could I spread the $200 over 3 different excursions.

3)  My cruise doesn't have all the excursions (hopefully)  posted.  So if I book now and use the credit, but later new excursions are posted.  Can I  cancel and reallocated the credit to some of the new excursions.

Meals.  I get two specialty meals, when I called they said I could use both in Pinnacle, but when I tried to book on line, it would only let me do one in Pinnacle and one in Cannaleto.  I think I saw this in the fine print, but wanted to confirm they both can't be Pinnacle.

TIA

To cancel an excursion, go to your Itinerary. There will be an option to cancel each excursion. If booked using HIA, the amount will go back to your HIA credits. In the beginning it was up to $100 per excursion, but within a couple months it was changed to however many excursions possible within your credit. If the excursions total more than the HIA credits, you will be asked for a credit card.

I do know you can't book more than 1 complimentary meal per person per restaurant online - have never tried calling the Dining Reservations number to try it.

• Like 2

All I can say is keep very good records if you cancel your HIA excursions.  I didn't and when we combined with paid for excursions it turned into a real mess that the shore excursion staff on board couldn't deal with.   The accounting system is flawed.

We ended up losing $180.

We will no longer do HIA and will be very selective of HAL shore excursions.