Another tipping question

2 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

I don't want to burst your bubble, but 'europe' encompasses more than the UK.

Thanks for that - I have managed to travel to most of Europe over the last fifty years or so, although Lichtenstein is  on my hit list !

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wowzz said:

In the US, I understand that staff are grossly underpaid,  and require tips to survive. So, I tip accordingly. 

A little hard to believe, based on your years of singing the same song here...

This thread is about someone embarking on a cruise from a US port.    If you understand the need for tips to survive,

why have you made so many posts in this thread?

You seem to want to disagree with everyone, and prove that only you have the right answer.

Please continue.  I love when stereotypes come true.

Here is a quote from a post I read on cruise critic:

"At the end of the day,  despite my previous comments, the best thing is for everyone to tip what they are happy with."

Amusingly, It's from YOUR post in 2019.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2673344-tipping-at-caribbean-restaurants/page/2/#comment-57750620

So, how 'bout just letting everyone do as they wish?

At t end of the day,  despite my previo

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Roberto256 said:

This thread is about someone embarking on a cruise from a US port.    If you understand the need for tips to survive,

You seem to want to disagree with everyone, and prove that only you have the right answer.

"At the end of the day,  despite my previous comments, the best thing is for everyone to tip what they are happy with."

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2673344-tipping-at-caribbean-restaurants/page/2/#comment-57750620

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to research what I wrote three years ago. 

I suggest you get out more !

47 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to research what I wrote three years ago. 

I suggest you get out more !

Pleasure.

Get out more?    If I go out, it's way to stressful to figure out if I should tip...

• Haha 5

On 11/8/2022 at 8:22 PM, Papa Yoda said:

Our first cruise, at last night dinner, a buxom lady had taped all the bills in her tip together end to end, rolled them up and put the roll in her bra.  Waiters had to pull their tip out.  Talk about feeling uncomfortable...   Guess the cruise line.

Tactless to be sure. "Carnival"(the guess, I imagine) certainly does not have the tasteless pax all to themselves. We've seen it on luxury lines as well.

• Like 1

We leave the auto tip on & tip our stateroom attendant & waitstaff(if traditional dining)We base out extra on the length of cruise & overall attention to detail. All staff we have encountered deserved extra, except our head waiter on the QV. He was never really pleasant at all on our cruise. On the last night I had the Lobster Thermidor. It was tiny. 2 bites & that was it. I asked to have the Beef Wellington & was refused.I still tipped him along with the asst. waiter. The asst waiter got twice the tip, however. He did most of the work & was cheerful throughout the voyage.

On 11/11/2022 at 6:32 PM, Roberto256 said:

Ooooo. Burn!!!