Onboard Karaoke Catalogue

Prismism

For anyone who has participated in karaoke on any Carnival ship- Can you give any insight as to the availability of songs a person can choose from? How limited is the selection? What is the process like? 

My wife and I are wanting to participate on our upcoming Vista cruise. We have some songs in mind, but not sure how deep the selection of music goes, or what they deem to be acceptable.

It varies by ship but generally you go up to the podium and tell the Fun Squad member your name and the song you want. They search and if it is in the list they'll put you in the queue.

The selection varies from The Carter Family to Cardi B and everything in between.

Appreciate the reply.  The songs we have in mind are some popular radio hits from the 80s and 90s. Nothing too abstract. I would assume they would be usable. However, I realize that having the song accompanied with lyrics and removed vocals will definitely limit the availability of the selection.

6 hours ago, Prismism said:

Appreciate the reply.  The songs we have in mind are some popular radio hits from the 80s and 90s. Nothing too abstract. I would assume they would be usable. However, I realize that having the song accompanied with lyrics and removed vocals will definitely limit the availability of the selection.

What songs were you thinking of singing?  I've listened to a lot of karaoke and maybe I would know if someone else has sang it.