Antarctica packing list?

MVAgrippa

We will be on the Silver Wind expedition next month to Antarctica. Does anyone know if Silversea provides a suggested packing list or perhaps someone who has been on a Silversea expedition to Antarctica has some suggestions about what to pack in terms of clothing?

Thanks.

Here you go:

https://silversea.shiptoshoretraveler.com/packant

You can find this packing list and clothing suggestions for the Arctic, Africa and Indian Oceanland, Greenland, et.al., on your my.silversea.com booking.   Click on the important information tab, then click on the Silversea Gear Expediton ship link.

Have a terrific Antarctic voyage.

3 hours ago, WesW said:

Here you go:

https://silversea.shiptoshoretraveler.com/packant

You can find this packing list and clothing suggestions for the Arctic, Africa and Indian Oceanland, Greenland, et.al., on your my.silversea.com booking.   Click on the important information tab, then click on the Silversea Gear Expediton ship link.

Have a terrific Antarctic voyage.

that will be very helpful. Thanks a lot

• Like 1

If you are on facebook, check out the Silversea Passengers group. The moderator has collected an extensive list of advice files, including ones for Antarctica.

Make sure you go to shiptoshore to order your free parka and rent your boots right away. Some people buy boots but since they are heavy, and the charter flight has luggage weight limits, I think it's better to rent and have them waiting for you on the ship along with your parka.

2 minutes ago, alithecat said:

I didn't realize this wasn't allowed.

Don’t worry, you’re not the first and won’t be the last.  Most folks don’t realize it until their post magically disappears and they wonder why.  I don’t know why CC doesn’t allow it to be mentioned, but it is their sandbox.

• Like 1