Maybe LIVE from Emerald Princess Nov 7 - Nov 23rd

Coral

Day 2 of isolation. Took a very early walk up and down this deck with nobody around. So far 17 cabins are occupied by covid victims. My wife feels better today but we will not be allowed out until they remove us from ship next Wed..

Princess is being nice to us allowed us to add two devices at no charge to internet plan. Want to tip room service waiters but they leave very fast after knocking on our door and do not think they really want to touch cash we have touched. Will have to figure something out.

Presumably our former room steward and dr servers are being paid the auto tips. At least I would hope so.

• Like 2

Last night was Captain Circle party night and we were in the back and could barely hear the numbers. I stopped by to see Amanda (I think that is her name) - super sweet. She wrote the numbers down for me:

Blue - 364

Gold - 273

Ruby - 183

Platinum - 539

Elite - 448

Total 1807 onboard with 987 being Platinum or Elite.

About 2 weeks before sailing, I had been told there were 21xx people on our sailing. I can't remember the exact number. Obviously we had several cancellations. Even within our roll call, I know of 6 who cancelled at the last minute.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Micahs Grandad said:

Day 2 of isolation. Took a very early walk up and down this deck with nobody around. So far 17 cabins are occupied by covid victims. My wife feels better today but we will not be allowed out until they remove us from ship next Wed..

Princess is being nice to us allowed us to add two devices at no charge to internet plan. Want to tip room service waiters but they leave very fast after knocking on our door and do not think they really want to touch cash we have touched. Will have to figure something out.

Presumably our former room steward and dr servers are being paid the auto tips. At least I would hope so.

Thanks for the update on Aloha deck. Glad your wife is feeling better!

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Coral said:

Thanks for the update on Aloha deck. Glad your wife is feeling better!

Nice on balcony a bit too sunny to comfortably read but should be ok to read this afternoon.

Breakfast room service got us stuff from world marketplace so that was nice. We seem to have choice of food from all over ship. 

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing all of the Normandy pictures.  At this point that may be the closest we get.  As I mentioned I tried Mike who was booked but he recommended two people.  One of them was also booked but recommended others - all booked.  The other was available which was good news.  The bad news was that he does his tours from Cherbourg and can't get to Le Havre.  I'm continuing to look but unless the Princess excursion adds more spots we probably won't get there this trip.  So again thanks for the pictures and I hope you keep enjoying your cruise.

Well, I guess this is no surprise but after quarantining with DH for five days, I tested positive this morning. So Aloha deck is where I will stay!

We are hoping his test tomorrow morning will be negative so he can be released from purgatory and stick-handle our trip home.

Not sure if I will be required to book a hotel room in Ft. Lauderdale or not, as the cruise will end on my (officially) fifth day after diagnosis, or if I will be allowed to fly home on my scheduled EZ-AIR flight on Wednesday afternoon. Apparently they will let me know the day before disembarkation.

I may get to hold the record for most days in quarantine during a TransAtlantic! (9). 😬

• Like 1

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

Thanks for sharing all of the Normandy pictures.  At this point that may be the closest we get.  As I mentioned I tried Mike who was booked but he recommended two people.  One of them was also booked but recommended others - all booked.  The other was available which was good news.  The bad news was that he does his tours from Cherbourg and can't get to Le Havre.  I'm continuing to look but unless the Princess excursion adds more spots we probably won't get there this trip.  So again thanks for the pictures and I hope you keep enjoying your cruise.

It looks like this company goes to both ports:

https://www.overlordtour.com

They had some larger vans (16 passenger) and also does private tours I believe. I haven't spoken to anyone who did their tour though but they had 2-3 vans outside when we exited the ship.

The Princess tours were booked when I booked the cruise also.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LidoLiz said:

Well, I guess this is no surprise but after quarantining with DH for five days, I tested positive this morning. So Aloha deck is where I will stay!

We are hoping his test tomorrow morning will be negative so he can be released from purgatory and stick-handle our trip home.

Not sure if I will be required to book a hotel room in Ft. Lauderdale or not, as the cruise will end on my (officially) fifth day after diagnosis, or if I will be allowed to fly home on my scheduled EZ-AIR flight on Wednesday afternoon. Apparently they will let me know the day before disembarkation.

I may get to hold the record for most days in quarantine during a TransAtlantic! (9). 😬

I was hoping you were going to be one of the ones who beyond all obstacles - avoided COVID. Sorry to hear you tested positive.  How are you feeling? Please keep us informed - I hope you can fly home as scheduled.

9 days in quarantine - I hope you are not going stir crazy!

Most traveled lunch - my appetizer was different because I have a seafood allergy. We had a delightful lunch with 4 of us at the table plus an officer -  and we were seated with Paulo who is a Business and Brand Manager. He is such a gentleman and had some funny and amazing stories for us. The Captain and Staff Captain (as for COVID protocols) were at the beginning of the luncheon but left during the meal.

IMG_1540.jpg.a9e19f902093ae448248d3ad7ecad0ea.jpg

IMG_1542.jpg

IMG_1543.jpg

IMG_1545.jpg

IMG_1546.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LidoLiz said:

Yikes we are at day 2 and going stir crazy. Started walking hall early this morning with mask when nobody was outside their cabin and was told to go back to the cabin.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Coral said:

Most traveled lunch - my appetizer was different because I have a seafood allergy. We had a delightful lunch with 4 of us at the table plus an officer -  and we were seated with Paulo who is a Business and Brand Manager. He is such a gentleman and had some funny and amazing stories for us. The Captain and Staff Captain (as for COVID protocols) were at the beginning of the luncheon but left during the meal.

IMG_1542.jpg

IMG_1543.jpg

IMG_1545.jpg

IMG_1546.jpg

2 minutes ago, Coral said:

IMG_1542.jpg

IMG_1543.jpg

IMG_1545.jpg

IMG_1546.jpg

Nice pictures, hoping to get invited some day but we are just over 200 days. Any idea how many days were needed for this voyage?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Micahs Grandad said:

Nice pictures, hoping to get invited some day but we are just over 200 days. Any idea how many days were needed for this voyage?

Someone mentioned 400+. I personally did not make the cut but I am traveling with a friend who did and I was their +1.

I am not cruising as much as I used to and have not made the cut for the past several cruises I have been on. I always seem to make the cut on one way Alaska cruises. It was a really nice lunch and our table mates were wonderful people. Paulo was a perfect table host for us. He kept us entertained with his stories 🙂 

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1