Maybe LIVE from Emerald Princess Nov 7 - Nov 23rd

Coral

19 minutes ago, LidoLiz said:

Thanks!

Now in isolation on portside Aloha, and have ordered breakfast.

The good news is (for others, at least) is that there are only a handful, less than six, confirmed COVID cases down our hall, according to the crew member preparing the cabins.
The balconies are for the positive cases and the inside cabins are for “under investigation” cases…

I will say we noticed quite a bit more serious coughing over the past couple of days across the ship, so there may be other folks who didn’t bring along the self-tests and are just going to try to wait it out. (!)
Coral, we are looking forward to your photos from Lisbon!

I am so sorry! I hope you two stay healthy. In Sintra right now taking pictures.

• Like 2

Just got back from the ship.

This was my 3rd tour with Spain Day tours and all I can say is that this one was the best (though the others were pretty darn good). We had an exceptional day!

This is the tour we did: https://www.spaindaytours.com/lisbon-tours/lisbon-sintra-estoril/ 

We choose this tour as we heard several things were closed in Lisbon on Mondays (as opposed to just a Lisbon tour).

Our roll call had 3 buses. Our bus today was smaller than a full coach. I think it sat 18 and we had 16 people on our tour. I hope those on Bus 2 and 3 also had an exceptional day!

We started by going to Estoril, then Sintra and Pena Palace and at the end we hit Lisbon. We saw a lot of the exterior sites in Lisbon, stopped for some Portuguese tarts from Pasteis de Belém and then went downtown for a little sightseeing and shopping. The weather cooperated for us for all but the last 10 minutes of the day.

Once we start the TA part - I will try to post pictures (I have to wake up early to get decent internet and am not sure of what I will get when crossing the Atlantic).

This cruise was my first time using Spain Day tours. I read the reviews (they were all outstanding on the Spain part of CC) and I have to say - they were all excellent. I have no hesitations recommending them and will definitely use them in the future. Plus - with Princess the Lisbon and Sintra tours (separately) sold out early and we were able to see quite a bit of both and the price was reasonable for a 7.5 hour tour. It would have been 8 hours but we were delayed getting off the ship.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2022 at 3:25 PM, PescadoAmarillo said:

Rui is our favorite. He treated us better than family on the Emerald last October. 

I asked about Rui today and if he is in our dining room ever. I was informed that he left the ship today to go home. Apparently he is from Portugal and is now on vacation.

I did see several employees leaving the ship today.

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much for your ongoing review.  I feel bad for those that got sick.  This itinerary looks wonderful.  Your pictures are incredible. They should be published.

We are going on the Emerald Princess on September 30th to see the fall colors.  Your reviews make me more eager for the trip.

• Like 2

In Azores now. Using cellular right now. 

No internet access on ship the past few days. They say it may get better tomorrow. We will supposedly switch satellites.

The sea has been very rocky.Very foggy on Azores.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Coral said:

In Azores now. Using cellular right now. 

No internet access on ship the past few days. They say it may get better tomorrow. We will supposedly switch satellites.

The sea has been very rocky.Very foggy on Azores.

Thanks for checking in.  Glad it's just the cruddy Internet and not that you're ill.  Hope the weather improves.

• Like 2