A ROYAL November: LIVE from Mariner/Liberty/Indy/Mariner OTS

14 minutes ago, Deeliteful said:

I put on 7 lbs on my last cruise over just 12 days - do your gym visits ensure you don’t gain weight?

Honestly not being personal just wondering if I should make the gym on my next cruise 😂

I've been on a weight loss journey since May using nothing but an app called myfitnesspal to track calories.

In the first 3 months I lost 30 lbs even with cruising a lot. The app gives me extra allowances when I hit the gym, but I found when I took them I put on weight. I still do the gym because it can't hurt.

I've gone off the rails recently but only when I cruise and I have found the first couple days I gain weight, but then it slows down and I am able to quickly take it back off. Not losing still but at least maintaining.

First 5 day cruise I gained 4.0 lbs. Two days home I lost 4.0. Since being back on I've put on 5.4 lbs. I have three days between cruises this time so hopefully I can lose the extra 😅

• Like 2

I had my lunch order ready and they switched things up on me with the menu they usually use on the second sea day.

Shrimp risotto.

20221127_122206-X2.jpg

Not always cooked well but very tasty today.

Seafood sandwich.

20221127_123438-X2.jpg

Always a favorite and extra good today.

I think I've enjoyed the food and service on Mariner the best of the three ships. Very high marks on both for this ship.

• Like 1

Since I didn't have dessert with lunch I'm having having mudslide by the pool right now.

Looks like the soccer game is still on. No sound still and I don't her any cheering like I did for the stunning 0-0 game the other day. Too far away to make out the score from here.

33 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

I have a usual spot I like to eat in Cozumel. It is mainly a crew spot. I don't think I've ever seen another tourist in there. 

Today I was turned onto another crew spot. I'm there now trying some delicious food from the Philippines.

Can you share the spots? 😉

My lunch today was fantastic. I was planning on Izumi sushi for dinner but I may rethink that plan. I have no idea what any of these dishes are called to label them but they were all very good.

20221128_123400-X2.jpg

20221128_123648-X2.jpg

20221128_123933-X2.jpg

20221128_124706-X2.jpg

I also enjoyed an avacado milkshake which sounds odd but is just about the best thing ever.

I did not eat all this, it was all family style and shared with the table but it was still way more food than I needed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CruiszBug said:

Can you share the spots? 😉

The next time you are in Cozumel ask the crew where they all eat for lunch. They ALL know about the first spot.

They have about 6 different menus all catering to the main nationalities onboard cruise ships prepared by chefs from those nationalities.

It's very easy to spot inside a large building near the port but as I've said never seen anyone there but crew.

This was a similar concept today but a smaller space with a smaller menu but still several Asian cuisines represented. It's a little tucked away but still right off the main road. 

Who knew cozumel was such a hot spot for great international cuisine? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/26/2022 at 8:21 AM, SummerBeee said:

Congrats on reaching 340 points. The Cheers with an Officer is only on sailings of 7+ nights.

Any future cruises, have your TA run a price check with DP340 code. I had several that went down a few hundred, one or two that dropped about $20.

Yay for checking off all the Freedom class ships. I’m missing both Voyager and Freedom, aggravating. Have Freedom booked for next Halloween.

Thanks for all the photos, always enjoy your posts

We actually had Cheers with an Officer on our 6 night second leg of b2b on Jewel just over a week ago.  LA told us the Hotel Director wanted to do it so they did.  But, normally it's 7+ nights.

• Like 1

Definitely scrapped my plans for sushi tonight. 

Did the Windjammer just before closing. Tonight's theme was Mexican.

20221128_204253-X2.jpg

The only thing Mexican I got was the fish burrito. It was inedible to the point I had to repurpose my napkin for food retrieval 🤢.

Everything else was good but honestly that burrito kinda spoiled my appetite. 

4 hours ago, BND said:

We actually had Cheers with an Officer on our 6 night second leg of b2b on Jewel just over a week ago.  LA told us the Hotel Director wanted to do it so they did.  But, normally it's 7+ nights.

I do mostly short cruises so I won't see this perk often. Next time I'm doing a week is Oasis end of February. And that's it although I am eyeing harmony in March.

Today in Cozumel they were busy putting up the Christmas tree.

20221128_135147-X2.jpg

Mariner was tired of being the small ship docked next to oasis class in Cozumel so today we parked next to serenade to feel better about our size.

20221128_141817-X3.jpg

20221128_141829-X3.jpg

20221128_142101-X3.jpg

20221128_142105-X3.jpg

Carnival breeze was also in port with us. The sun was in my eyes and I didn't notice the picture didn't come out.

Only three ships in port today which I don't think I've ever seen in Cozumel.

• Like 2