Beach chairs

coffee59

Has anyone visited recently?  Last time I was at Grand Turk was March 2020 just before lock down.  It used to be a nice beach with free chairs but had turned into a jam packed hustle of $45 dirty chairs and umbrellas.  Has this changed?  I know there are nicer beaches but I am just asking about the one at the end of the dock.

• Like 1

Yes,   They have moved the independent chair chargers away from the main grouping.  Also different color umbrellas.   But if you head to your right out of the DuFree shop, there are usually plenty of chairs and umbrellas for free.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, coffee59 said:

That is so good to hear.  Thank you for the update.  I think I may check out the beach to the right.  I read there is a bar on this side.

Same franchise owners as Margaritaville but a better food selection, IMO.

• 1 month later...
On 11/8/2022 at 11:46 AM, crewsweeper said:

Yes,   They have moved the independent chair chargers away from the main grouping.  Also different color umbrellas.   But if you head to your right out of the DuFree shop, there are usually plenty of chairs and umbrellas for free.

How is that beach to the right?  We are debating whether to do a cart rental or just have a beach day. 

Question for those who have been to Grand Turk recently:

We will be at Grand Turk on the HAL Rotterdam on 2/17/23. The Carnival Magic will arrive 30-minutes before we do. We originally thought we would get off the ship early, go to Jack’s to snorkel and hang out a short while on the beach—preferably in the shade. But, we have read that it is crowded even at Jacks and Jacks now charges $11 for an umbrella and $6 per chair. We’ve also read that the food and drinks at Jacks are expensive and of low quality. So, we are looking at our options. 

• We've heard that the DJ music is extremely loud. Is there a place near the pool at Margaritaville that has shade, is a bit removed from the chaos, and is away from the DJ noise?
  •  Is there an area of loungers at the back of the beach (away from the water) in front of Margaretaville, that is shaded and doesn’t have the loud DJ noise?
  • Or, is the beach area to the south (opposite direction than Jacks) better for shade? Does this area have umbrellas and/or free clam shells? (I saw clam shells in a video from 2018, but haven't noticed any mention of them in recent posts.)
  • Where is the best snorkeling? In front of Margaritaville, or at Jacks?

Thank you!

Diana

IMO,  South side of pier where the Beached Whale and whale statute are would be your best bet all around.   There's piped music but not overly loud.  Shade. A little better snorkeling down toward Booby Point.  But you're definitely on you own.

Can't opine on Jacks since he retired, but anywhere around Margaritaville is going to be noisy and you can hear the DJ blasting.  Plus, while people do snorkel between MV and Jacks, it's all sandy bottom and not really conducive to good snorkeling.   Best snorkeling in GT is offshore.