Alaska 2023 book now or wait? And how works the air fare credit deal?

SweetsugarNL

3 hours ago, JanDom said:

When prices for our cabins change we ask for the better quote and always got it.

This is what an online TA says on their homepage:

Preissenkungs-Service:Sollte der Preis Ihrer gebuchten Kategorie nach der Festbuchung bis 90 Tage vor Abfahrt sinken, fordern wir gerne eine Anpassung Ihrer Buchung auf den niedrigeren Preis für Sie bei Holland America an. 

That is very interesting!  It does state that they will 'request' the lower price so it is not certain, but better than a lot of other European offers.  I believe I have found the TA by googling 'Preissenkungs Service Kreuzfahrt'.

Edited by VMax1700

Hi VMax,

we are booking with different TA‘s the last years and never had problems with a price drop with HAL!

(But if you booked the cruise with some specials and the lower new price is without these extras you will loose it - absolutely fair for me !!) 

• Like 1

I don‘t know which cruise you are looking at.

We will never travel to Alaska without having a balcony cabin because there is so much to see… we are also sitting outside after waking up in our Pyjama and a blanket….

the most important thing is : book the cruise if the price is good for you ! If it is getting cheaper it will be a nice extra …

but don’t book the cruise when you think the price is not ok and wait for a drop…. 

1 hour ago, JanDom said:

I don‘t know which cruise you are looking at.

We will never travel to Alaska without having a balcony cabin because there is so much to see… we are also sitting outside after waking up in our Pyjama and a blanket….

the most important thing is : book the cruise if the price is good for you ! If it is getting cheaper it will be a nice extra …

but don’t book the cruise when you think the price is not ok and wait for a drop…. 

Koningsdam from Vancouver.

a balcony is to expensive at this moment.

And early dining is already full. But we would like to do de open dining.

@JanDom @SweetsugarNL

Thank you both for the information.  I now have an option to compare pricing and benefits.  

For some reason, probably historic and political, Republic of Ireland is 'managed' by HAL/Carnival UK even though Ireland is EU and UK is not.  Next time I may have to reconnect with mainland Europe.

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

@JanDom @SweetsugarNL

Thank you both for the information.  I now have an option to compare pricing and benefits.  

For some reason, probably historic and political, Republic of Ireland is 'managed' by HAL/Carnival UK even though Ireland is EU and UK is not.  Next time I may have to reconnect with mainland Europe.

Oh wow that is strange.

I had even a price comparing from USA but Hal forces that company to charge 100 usd pro person for outside use. And then the price with the free train ride and 75 obc was just a little bit better to book in Europe.

• Thanks 1