Should I cancel to get better rate?

CanadaGuyEh

I have a studio booked for the Epic transatlantic in April. Am going solo.    I have a studio now for $2,800.   I only took the wifi as I not do the fancy dining or the drinking.   I can buy a sail away inside today for  $1,900 (with travel insurance)  - big savings. 

Not sure about sail away - is that a bad to book as no control over the room you get?  

If I take an inside room where I pick the room - is around $2,300 - still save $500.  And I get bigger room.   Don't think I care about the studio having their own lounge etc - bigger room must be better right?

HI, I just found your cruise and see what a Studio is. I was not familiar with that term therefore, I withdraw my previous comment as I have no idea about the layout or anything related to a Studio. Sorry for my earlier comment. 🙂

• Like 1

Studio rooms for singles are about the size of an old telephone booth. I would call my TA or the NCL person you worked with before cancelling and rebooking to see what they can do for you. If you are willing to keep the same fare, they may be able to offer you a significant upgrade in room size and location. They might even come up with a balcony for you. Try that before canceling and rebooking.

Also…as a solo you can often still access the lounge area as many times they have get together there. On a previous sailing when I was in a balcony there was a get together daily in the lounge. There was a host there every day who helped to facilitate different options for the singles\ solos, such as group tables in the dining room, specialty restaurants or seeing a show.

Rochelle

1 hour ago, CanadaGuyEh said:

I have a studio booked for the Epic transatlantic in April. Am going solo.    I have a studio now for $2,800.   I only took the wifi as I not do the fancy dining or the drinking.   I can buy a sail away inside today for  $1,900 (with travel insurance)  - big savings. 

Not sure about sail away - is that a bad to book as no control over the room you get?  

If I take an inside room where I pick the room - is around $2,300 - still save $500.  And I get bigger room.   Don't think I care about the studio having their own lounge etc - bigger room must be better right?

Those studios are very small, I would definitely go for the inside cabin, especially for a Transatlantic cruise.

28 minutes ago, rochelle_s said:

Also…as a solo you can often still access the lounge area as many times they have get together there. On a previous sailing when I was in a balcony there was a get together daily in the lounge. There was a host there every day who helped to facilitate different options for the singles\ solos, such as group tables in the dining room, specialty restaurants or seeing a show.

Rochelle

I’m traveling as a solo adult with teenagers but I am social and looking for opportunities to mingle and meet other solo adults. I didn’t know they would grant access to the solo lounge if you aren’t staying in studios. Any additional information would be great!

If you're not interested in the Studio Lounge and it's before final payment, I would definitely call.  Generally, they just change the reservation and adjust the price.  I did have an inexperienced rep cancel an existing reservation once but that's not the standard.

You'll be much happier with the additional space the inside has compared th the 100 sq. ft. in the studio.

We called a couple of weeks ago to make our final payment and change the third person in our cabin. Our cruise consultant told us our cruise fare had gone down by about $3,000. He just adjusted the price for us. So you should be able to call and get this taken care of to your liking.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2022 at 7:59 PM, New2cruise2022 said:

I’m traveling as a solo adult with teenagers but I am social and looking for opportunities to mingle and meet other solo adults. I didn’t know they would grant access to the solo lounge if you aren’t staying in studios. Any additional information would be great!

Keep your eye on the daily program as the solo get together are often listed there especially at the beginning of the cruise. At the get together there is often more things planned than are ever appear in the daily. If you do happen to miss the first ones just ask at guest services and they can put you in touch with whichever staff member is hosting the events. 

Have fun and enjoy your cruise!

45 minutes ago, rochelle_s said:

Keep your eye on the daily program as the solo get together are often listed there especially at the beginning of the cruise. At the get together there is often more things planned than are ever appear in the daily. If you do happen to miss the first ones just ask at guest services and they can put you in touch with whichever staff member is hosting the events. 

Have fun and enjoy your cruise!

Thanks! I’ll keep an eye out