Cruise port hotel

Garyjames220

Which dock are you sailing from?    on cruise days southampton can be

chaotic  last twice we have been  we walked to the ship  2 of the 3 docks are quite a hike

One you can get a  bus near to but its still some way.  Taxis are queueing for ages.

14 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

Which dock are you sailing from?    on cruise days southampton can be

chaotic  last twice we have been  we walked to the ship  2 of the 3 docks are quite a hike

One you can get a  bus near to but its still some way.  Taxis are queueing for ages.

not to sure, we are sailing with Disney 

what hotel would you suggest booking between the two

im guessing I could book a transfer in advance 

Both the Ageas(at West End) and the Doubletree (at Chilworth) are on the city boundary, inconvenient for the cruise terminals, restaurants, shops or even the nearest pubs.

If you're travelling by car the Doubletree is marginally more convenient for the city centre (a simple route of about 4 miles), the Ageas a little more complicated

If you're travelling by any other means both are inconvenient, and I suggest you book somewhere much more convenient.

If you have Hilton points / discounts that you want to use, the Moxy is extremely well-located for cruise berths and all city amenities.

The Moxy is a little quirky, check it out. If it doesn't appeal, check out this thread for other city cerntre hotels https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2879181-hotel-recommendation-for-southampton/#comment-64265651

JB 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Garyjames220 said:

Is there a hotel I can walk to the Disney cruise port from 

That is rather why I asked which dock you were leaving from.

See here

https://www.cruisemapper.com/ports/southampton-port-115

scroll down to the map

this will give you an idea of the problem - there are 4 cruise terminals.

Some can take more than one ship

if you click on "Schedule"  it has the dates in Aug 2023 when Disney ships are in

but they may not have allocated a berth yet.   Aug 19  4 Ships showing  so busy 

Aug 26 3ships.

Berths can change  anyway and you may depart from one and return to another.

Maybe open  a googlemap of the area and see where the hotels are.

We have stayed at the Moxy   @John Bull mentioned and it was good and

we walked to the  QE11 terminal from there.  ( It is a Marriott Hotel and I am not sure

if their points interchange with Hiltons) 

Edited by Aulanis

43 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

That is rather why I asked which dock you were leaving from.

See here

https://www.cruisemapper.com/ports/southampton-port-115

scroll down to the map

this will give you an idea of the problem - there are 4 cruise terminals.

Some can take more than one ship

if you click on "Schedule"  it has the dates in Aug 2023 when Disney ships are in

but they may not have allocated a berth yet.   Aug 19  4 Ships showing  so busy 

Aug 26 3ships.

Berths can change  anyway and you may depart from one and return to another.

Maybe open  a googlemap of the area and see where the hotels are.

We have stayed at the Moxy   @John Bull mentioned and it was good and

we walked to the  QE11 terminal from there.  ( It is a Marriott Hotel and I am not sure

if their points interchange with Hiltons) 

Looked good but the moxy is 17 square meter rooms and they’re saying it won’t fit two cots. The issue I am having everywhere apart from anges Hilton 

On 11/8/2022 at 2:09 PM, John Bull said:

If you have Hilton points / discounts that you want to use, the Moxy is extremely well-located for cruise berths and all city amenities.

JB 🙂

Ooops, my bad.

Many thanks to Aulanis for pointing out that the Moxy is a Marriott brand, not Hilton.

On 11/8/2022 at 5:37 PM, Garyjames220 said:

Looked good but the moxy is 17 square meter rooms and they’re saying it won’t fit two cots. The issue I am having everywhere apart from anges Hilton 

As per my earlier post, the Ageas (note spelling) is on the city boundary.

But if you're just overniting & don't plan to venture out from the hotel the lack of local amenities won't matter to you.

By taxi it's about 6 miles / 20 minutes / (?) £20 (?) from the city centre and cruise berths, altho that's small beer in the greater scheme of things.

If you arrive in Southampton by Nat Express it'll be the same to the hotel, if you arrive via Southampton airport (aka Southampton Parkway train station) it should be a little quicker & cheaper.

Personal rant.

It overlooks the county cricket ground, which used to be called the Rose Bowl - the rose is the county emblem. Ageas (insurance company) took over sponsorship of the ground & the name changed from the attractive and appropriate Rose Bowl to the ugly and corporate Ageas Bowl.

Rant over 😉

JB 🙂