The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday November 8th, 2022

richwmn

49 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good evening.  Sorry I'm late gettimg back here.  There were a few things to take care of earlier.

The good news is DH came through the procedure with flying colors.  They didn't come for him until a little after 3 pm.  I got to go with him to the room where they do the angiograms.  Then I was taken to the waiting room.  One of the nice nurses came out part way through the procedure to tell me everything was going well and they had removed a lot of the clot, but they still had about 30 more minutes work to finish. 

Once everything was finished, one of the doctors came to tell me they removed  most of the clot down into the lungs, and that DH was stable and his oxygen levels were already up.  Since DH was not sedated, they took him right back to his room.  On the way back to ICU, the nurse showed me a picture of the clot, and it was huge.  Boy was I glad the nurses knew the way.  Those back corriders are a maze.

He may be moved from ICU to the stepdown unit tomorrow. His oxygen levels are back up and his color is better.  It turns out the procedure to go in through a vein in the groin and remove the clot from the pulmonary artery is still experimental, but it was exactly what DH needed.    When I left to go to the hotel, they were giving him IV fluids and a blood thinner.

I think we'll both sleep better tonight.  Again, thank all of you for your prayers, good wishes and support.  It means a lot to have so many people supporting us.

Lenda

Great news. Hope you can sleep well tonight.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good evening.  Sorry I'm late gettimg back here.  There were a few things to take care of earlier.

The good news is DH came through the procedure with flying colors.  They didn't come for him until a little after 3 pm.  I got to go with him to the room where they do the angiograms.  Then I was taken to the waiting room.  One of the nice nurses came out part way through the procedure to tell me everything was going well and they had removed a lot of the clot, but they still had about 30 more minutes work to finish. 

Once everything was finished, one of the doctors came to tell me they removed  most of the clot down into the lungs, and that DH was stable and his oxygen levels were already up.  Since DH was not sedated, they took him right back to his room.  On the way back to ICU, the nurse showed me a picture of the clot, and it was huge.  Boy was I glad the nurses knew the way.  Those back corriders are a maze.

He may be moved from ICU to the stepdown unit tomorrow. His oxygen levels are back up and his color is better.  It turns out the procedure to go in through a vein in the groin and remove the clot from the pulmonary artery is still experimental, but it was exactly what DH needed.    When I left to go to the hotel, they were giving him IV fluids and a blood thinner.

I think we'll both sleep better tonight.  Again, thank all of you for your prayers, good wishes and support.  It means a lot to have so many people supporting us.

Lenda

Good news. Thanks for letting us know and we will continue our prayers for a bit to be on the safe side.

Susan

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Not so happy with my states political results tonight.  I am so glad we didn't' sit at home and watch the TV.  Chuck and I agreed that our neighborhood Dekalb County Symphony Orchestra was just great!  And glad that we became season ticket holders.

So angels- good night.

Bed+Time+Prayer.jpg

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Lenda

Excellent news.

Graham.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Lenda

Praise be Lenda! Thank you for sharing the wonderful news! 

• Like 2