Newbie Last-Minute Questions (3/12, Summit, Hawaii)

lulufrolick

I'm a first-time cruiser leaving on 3/12 on the Summit to Hawaii. I booked with a local Seniors organization at a discounted rate (1650 pp). I have a few questions:

My cruise mate and I were disappointed to find our oceanview stateroom is #2200 (Continental). Is this a bad location? How do I find out if we can upgrade?

What does Category 08 mean?

Is there a refrigerator?

What kind of extras can I ask for to make our room more comfortable?

Can I bring wine, alcohol or soda in my carry-on?

What kind of temperatures can I expect while at sea?

Are tips put on my room card or will I need cash for that?

I appreciate all your help!

Nothing wrong with the location......catagory 8 just happens to be lower deck. You are near an elevator bank for easy access and should the sea be a little rough, the lower the better. You would need to call your travel agent to find out IF at this late date you could upgrade OR you can check once on board ship. I would not count on it as the ship is probably sold out AND IF you were able to upgrade it would most likely cost several hundred dollars.

Yes, all cabins on Summit have a small fridge.

Not sure what you may desire for "extras"? I suggest you spend some time reading these message boards and the Celebrity web site for ideas. Robes will be provided, you can request fresh fruit daily, if the bed is too hard, request an egg crate matress......etc.

The cruise line states you can bring wine aboard.

Sea days, well aside from very near the islands it is probably going to be cold. Inside the ship will be comfortable but have a sweater has some people complain the air conditioning is too cold. Find yourself a good weather site on line and do a ten day forecast. I use http://www.weather.com

Tips can be put on the card OR paid out in cash. You will get all that info on board.

You got a GREAT price for this cruise, the cabin location is fine. There is NO difference in the size of the cabin......we are on the sailing of the 26th and have a cat 2c balcony, the cabin is the same size as yours.

Welocme lulu!! Hi I am also on the 3/12 Summit to Hawaii cruise! Please come and join our board! This is the first time on Celebrity for me so I cannot answer most of your questions but catmand seems to have you taken care of. The only one I have heard is the sea is rougher and it is a little chillier the first day or two out then it calms down and warms up! To join our board go to roll calls and look for Summit and 3/12 we are a friendly group and love to have new people join us! We have some fun things planned, try to come to the boards and read about what we have planned! Cathy :)

Lulu ~ here's a link that will take you right to the Summit March 12 roll call that Cam6958 was referring to. Have a wonderful cruise!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=68044&page=76

It's a long thread....this link take you to the end....you can go back through all the pages if you'd like. ENJOY!

Anne --thanks for posting a link to the Summit 3/12 cc group. Hope Lulu & any others will join us. There's still time to get in on the fun--where are you from, how large is your senior group? If you are staying a night ahead in LA, be sure & come to ne of the two pre-sail away parties . LuLu -- I think all your ques were answered correctly & there's lots more info at the cc link above..

Anne --thanks for posting a link to the Summit 3/12 cc group. Hope Lulu & any others will join us. There's still time to get in on the fun--where are you from, how large is your senior group? If you are staying a night ahead in LA, be sure & come to ne of the two pre-sail away parties . LuLu -- I think all your ques were answered correctly & there's lots more info at the cc link above..

Thanks everyone for all your help!

I am checking out the Roll Call link.

hcat: I think there are @80 people in the group. We live outside of LA, so we will be driving in Sunday morning. They told us we can board early.

Archived