NCL Amex Confusion - platinum

cusematt4

Hi,

I booked a cruise with a travel agent and paid in full with Amex platinum.  I was assured by both NCL and my travel agent that there wouldn't be any conflicts with having the amex $200 cruise privileges applied with an agency promo.

The agency had a promo with NCL for free gratuities.  It wasn't offered to anyone outside of booking a NCL cruise with the agency.  They are now telling me NCL is removing the agency's free gratuity promo when adding the amex cruise privileges code.

Does anyone have experience with this?  I was assured the Amex platinum cruise privileges credit would be combinable with any agency or agency+NCL promos, especially since the Amex credit is something coming from Amex/NCL.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Matt

27 minutes ago, cusematt4 said:

Hi,

I booked a cruise with a travel agent and paid in full with Amex platinum.  I was assured by both NCL and my travel agent that there wouldn't be any conflicts with having the amex $200 cruise privileges applied with an agency promo.

The agency had a promo with NCL for free gratuities.  It wasn't offered to anyone outside of booking a NCL cruise with the agency.  They are now telling me NCL is removing the agency's free gratuity promo when adding the amex cruise privileges code.

Does anyone have experience with this?  I was assured the Amex platinum cruise privileges credit would be combinable with any agency or agency+NCL promos, especially since the Amex credit is something coming from Amex/NCL.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Matt

Sounds like an Agency issue rather than an NCL issue.

• Like 1

Agencies “kick in” a certain amount to be able to offer the AMEX Plat perks.  Happened a while ago, but my agency, which participates in the AMEX program, also offered free tips as a promo.  On that particular sailing, they were very up front about the fact I could have one or the other, but not both.  To do so, they said, they’d lose money on my booking.

Sometimes there’s enough meat on the bone for them to offer both.  Sometimes, not!

NCL can not dictate what offers are made/combinable by their TAs.  TAs own their own perks and promos.

Edited by graphicguy

• 2 weeks later...

I am slightly confused, but for diff issue.  Although my TA is going to try and find out.  I just booked a T1 solo cabin on the Getaway.  And my TA is trying to figure out if the amex perks apply to me, as she said thought it was for double occupancy rooms or those that are paying single supplement.  But T1 can't support double occupancy and doesn't have the supplement.