Pirate’s LIVE Mardi Gras Review…11/12/22-11/19/22

pirate4me2

Drink pictures, I’m baby at Alchemy. Sorry y’all. 
I wanted to feel sophisticated, important, so I told Evan to make me a martini with olives. Ummm…I’m apparently not a traditional martini fan, I couldn’t finish it. 😞

I asked Cornelius to make me “something white chocolate and berry.” His concoction was good! 
Zoltan just came back from his break and made me the BEST drink available on the ship….creamy coconut martini with chocolate. Y’all, this is like a dang almond joy. Ahhhhhhh!!!!

FA82E827-61C1-46EF-9CB0-3BB14FAB7058.jpeg

6E7620C6-676B-4842-9066-01887ED99132.jpeg

06B4A2F9-9CEA-43C6-8C70-8B5408362478.jpeg

Edited by pirate4me2
Pic
  • Like 5

I won’t bore you with anymore drink pics tonight. The plan was to hit the theater for Family Feud, but we met up with some people we have been hanging out with this week and we didn’t leave Alchemy until 10:45.

Tomorrow will be more interesting tho, i promise! We are in Costa Mays from 8-4, and we booked Maya Chan. I’ve heard a lot of good things about it, and I’m  looking forward to going. I’ll post lots of pics and thoughts when we get back onboard!

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, allinwonderland said:

Can you ask what's in that coconut martini?? I want to ask an Alchemist to recreate it for me after you've been raving about it like this.

I will see if Zoltan will share his secrets with me tomorrow. He’s the only one here that makes them, we asked Jakub and the others and they didn’t know what was in it so I’m not sure if he shares his secrets or not!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

I won’t bore you with anymore drink pics tonight. The plan was to hit the theater for Family Feud, but we met up with some people we have been hanging out with this week and we didn’t leave Alchemy until 10:45.

Tomorrow will be more interesting tho, i promise! We are in Costa Mays from 8-4, and we booked Maya Chan. I’ve heard a lot of good things about it, and I’m  looking forward to going. I’ll post lots of pics and thoughts when we get back onboard!

Good to hear Maya Chan has re=opened.  Lots of disappointed cruisers the past few months.   Be curious to see what changes they made.

Made it to Maya Chan! Getting outta the port area was a freaking maze, I ended up throwing the map at DH and let him figure it out. Once we got to the check in point we were informed that due to our itinerary change, they are honoring the reservation but we don’t get palapa, just a beach chair and umbrella. I’m a bit disappointed in that, but what else can I do? 
Anyway, after a 30 minute taxi ride we are here! It’s very pretty, although there is sea grass in the water and in the beach. Yuck, I don’t like that, but I’ll be ok. They handed us a welcome drink (rum punch) and a basket of chips, pico and guac. Yum, breakfast of champions! 
oh yeah, we got to see the Virgin Voyages ship pulling in as we left Mardi Gras. She is kinda ugly, kinda intriguing. 

D224CD11-3043-4ED2-9760-593F50BF5058.jpeg

A2E79390-E838-4D4F-863A-60456551C9FC.jpeg

631D5082-9E6B-4757-83DC-12181C547D06.jpeg

0140EECD-21A0-4AB6-9D5D-C7B16CB3CCA4.jpeg

14276708-3089-4530-B0DF-FB9AD10BD757.jpeg

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

Made it to Maya Chan! Getting outta the port area was a freaking maze, I ended up throwing the map at DH and let him figure it out. Once we got to the check in point we were informed that due to our itinerary change, they are honoring the reservation but we don’t get palapa, just a beach chair and umbrella. I’m a bit disappointed in that, but what else can I do? 
Anyway, after a 30 minute taxi ride we are here! It’s very pretty, although there is sea grass in the water and in the beach. Yuck, I don’t like that, but I’ll be ok. They handed us a welcome drink (rum punch) and a basket of chips, pico and guac. Yum, breakfast of champions! 
oh yeah, we got to see the Virgin Voyages ship pulling in as we left Mardi Gras. She is kinda ugly, kinda intriguing. 

D224CD11-3043-4ED2-9760-593F50BF5058.jpeg

A2E79390-E838-4D4F-863A-60456551C9FC.jpeg

631D5082-9E6B-4757-83DC-12181C547D06.jpeg

0140EECD-21A0-4AB6-9D5D-C7B16CB3CCA4.jpeg

14276708-3089-4530-B0DF-FB9AD10BD757.jpeg

Too bad about the sea grass.  Drink and chips looks tasty!!

12 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Too bad about the sea grass.  Drink and chips looks tasty!!

They are! Guac is my weakness, and this is nice and fresh. 
Gave the waiter creative freedom on my drinks, he brought me this beauty. Now time to get in the water. 

49511CB6-6B74-4788-9D66-D2A57FFC10D7.jpeg

• Like 2

Sorry, not too many pics today, been enjoying my time on shore!

I absolutely, positively, without a doubt would book Maya Chan again. Yeah there is a lot Of sea grass right now, but they can’t help that. Heck they’re out here with a rake and wheelbarrow trying to take it away. The service has been impeccable, food DELICIOUS (house made flour or corn tortillas, steak/chicken/fish, beans, rice, pico, guac, cheese, fresh veggies, then house made salsa), drinks good, and just a great, relaxing day! 
i saw some debating, it may have been on the ports of call board, and there IS a pool, but it’s tiny..more like a 20 person hot tub maybe? I didn’t get in it, looked a little sketch to me. It’s right near the smaller restroom on property. I’ll brave the sea grass in the ocean. 
Lewis was our server, brought us drinks in the ocean and was great today. We will absolutely be back! 

• Like 2

My friend for the day. They have 2 dogs and 3 cats (or maybe it was 3 dogs and 2 cats? I don’t remember) and they are their pets. This kitty was a bit shy, but the grey tabby Stella was super sweet. I love my kitties and was happy to get to pet them!! 

27C05794-6DBA-48C0-A794-9DBF42DDD914.jpeg

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

My friend for the day. They have 2 dogs and 3 cats (or maybe it was 3 dogs and 2 cats? I don’t remember) and they are their pets. This kitty was a bit shy, but the grey tabby Stella was super sweet. I love my kitties and was happy to get to pet them!! 

27C05794-6DBA-48C0-A794-9DBF42DDD914.jpeg

Love a beach kitty!!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

so I told Evan to make me a martini with olives

I hate the typical martini too, but do you like green olives?  Ask for a dirty martini, tell him just Grey Goose and olive juice (some make it with vermouth, yuk), and if you like, ask for blue cheese stuffed olives as a garnish.  And if you want more olive juice, say you want it filthy. 😀

1 hour ago, cruisin*tigger said:

I hate the typical martini too, but do you like green olives?  Ask for a dirty martini, tell him just Grey Goose and olive juice (some make it with vermouth, yuk), and if you like, ask for blue cheese stuffed olives as a garnish.  And if you want more olive juice, say you want it filthy. 😀

Might have to give that a shot! 

What is it about the Caribbean sun that makes me need a nap?? 
We took a 2:15 taxi back to the port, and after showering DH and I both passed out until 6. We awake and he proclaimed that the tacos from lunch (they were freaking amazing!) made him want to try Chibang for dinner. Good choice, honey, the MDR is showing a 80-90 minutes wait, Chibang is less than 10! We got prettied up (it’s our 2nd elegant night) and headed on down. I checked us in as we walked, and within 5 minutes our table was ready. 
Now, I’ve read Chibang is a love it or hate it venue, and talking onboard we heard both. Tonight, I cannot say enough good things about our experience! We had Christian and Satish as our servers. Christian was high energy and brought a lot of fun to the table. He brought us 3 shots (yikes!) and counted us down to take them and was just a hilarious guy. Satish was quieter, more attentive, and balanced out the energy. He knew his menu, and when I ordered an item and didn’t like it (more to come later), he was ON IT and brought a replacement. 
Anyway…we were seated and Christian immediately brought us shots, we let him bring us whatever. Satish took our order, and when I asked for the chicken with mole sauce as my main he tried to steer me to a different dish. “Nearly everyone who orders it doesn’t like it. It’s not spicy, but the spice flavor can be overwhelming.” Dude, don’t tell me what to order. I want it. No, I didn’t SAY that to him, but I guess I gave that impression…he said “maybe you’ll like it. If not, I’ll bring replacement.”

The food came out quickly. The spring rolls were delicious, but the steak tacos…oh my gosh. They win! Just bring me a few plates of those for my main please! When Satish set the chicken mole in front of me, I was a bit put off that it had the bone in it. I DONT do meat on the bone. Sorry. But, I was willing to try it…and I hated it. Satish was watching closely, and came racing over. “You don’t like it, let me get something else! Kung Pao Chicken maybe?” Nah, let’s do the chili shrimp. “It’s spicy, is that ok?” Heck yeah Satish, the spicier, the better! Within 5 minutes my new dish, piping hot, was in front of me, and it was fantastic! 

4346AAD0-405D-4E8D-9481-EC63A9809277.jpeg

DC972C11-6403-4B9B-93D3-6A93F1A20E65.jpeg

5A75CD8B-CFBF-4235-BC89-A009D176B3D5.jpeg

0FBE07DF-0F98-47C5-8426-7A59D22A659B.jpeg

• Like 3

My side dish, the yucca, was yummy too. 
To finish off the meal, I ordered the chocolate C-bang. Score, it was freaking awesome. DH was jealous, he wasn’t big on his choice…I forget what it was. 
We finished dinner at around 8:30, and headed….wait for it….yep, ya guessed it…to Alchemy. I’ve really got to break away from there tomorrow! Anyway, Cornelius asked what I wanted, and Zoltan was nowhere in sight, so I told him to try making me a creamy coconut martini. It was ok, but not Zoltan’s. I then tried a berry mojito from Salwa, which was good, but she needs to get some personality…

Tomorrow is an EARLY day for us…we get into Coz at 7. Yuck! So, anyway, we are calling it an early-ish night. Happy trails!! 

DE8F0D66-1F34-442B-8B72-4B4C64264CD8.jpeg

7C4705BA-8EEB-4485-ABF4-C10257F9B85F.jpeg

420540D1-8F74-4BCF-9B1E-F789F6298DCD.jpeg

• Like 1

Mole is an acquired taste.  And it probably takes a good abuela  or tia abuela to really capture the flavors.  I've never had a good mole at a large restaurant, but excellent ones at small cafes and once at a food truck.

Glad you got great service.  Our experience at Chibang soured  DW on ever going back.

• Like 1

Hello from Cozumel!

Who the heck schedules a 7 a.m. port time? Ugh, this meant I had to get up at 6:45…earlier than when I go to work!! I got up, grunted around getting things together for the day, and at 7:15 DH and I headed down to deck 3 to get off. Butttttt we were told nope, you can’t get off yet, so we headed up to Java Blue to get go-go juice…and just as we did they said we could get off. So, back down to deck 3, and bing! We are off the ship. 
In the port area we met another couple from the ship who we had seen around, and they were also heading to Mr Sanchos for the day. They asked us where we had been, they got off the ship right at 7. Say what? Guess there was confusion on the gangway about disembarkation. 
We shared a cab to Mr Sanchos ($17 total for all), and when we got checked in we were sat in Aldo and Martin’s area. The water today is PERFECT, not much seaweed, clear, and no shock factor when it came to temperature. I know exactly where I will spend the day! 

80B15C74-9940-4C59-A250-89BE5BCD4CA6.jpeg

B4446FC6-57C5-4B44-85B9-2C06F71A8E59.jpeg

• Like 3

Since we left the ship without breakfast, i decided about 9 to get something to soak up my welcome drink. I ordered guac and coconut shrimp, both of which were delicious. 
I spent our time there in and out of the water, and I really didn’t drink too many drinks…score! I made it a point to drink a lot of water. I did order more food, chicken tacos and Caribbean fries, for lunch. I really wanted shrimp tacos, but the server said the shrimp would be fried..eww. 
We decided at 2 to call it a day, and got a cab back to port. We got to see Dream and Glory in port, both looking lovely with their new paint colors! 

3B2CE395-3308-4425-9A5E-79F9FADCA4FB.jpeg

E52BA79D-8570-4D79-B644-0A9454C6A346.jpeg

F2E874A3-6BF5-481B-A690-C1376FAB6786.jpeg

• Like 2

Sitting at the Pig & Anchor bar waiting for a table to try the smokehouse tonight. For once, I’m the one wanting BBQ, not DH! I decided to try the ThirstyFrog Pina Colada seltzer, and I gotta say, I think the Berry Hibiscus wins between the two. 

33FEF6E4-F5E6-40D3-810A-D37C00E7BCAD.jpeg