Later boarding Southampton?

LadyL1

Update on Southampton boarding process December 10:

We had a 1:00 arrival time noted on our boarding passes, with everything submitted (photos, credit card, etc.) during on-line check-in.

We checked out of our hotel at about noon, took a taxi to the Mayflower Terminal, arriving around 12:20 (didn’t note exactly). They looked at our boarding pass, directed us to the priority line (PG), and we waited a total of about 15 seconds before being called up to the desk to verify passports. There was a printed page taped to the desk that said if we had appropriate symptoms and/or personal contacts, please notify someone (with more details than that, of course)The lady asked that we read it and respond. We then went to sit and wait for boarding, which they had said was expected to start at 1:00.

At about 12:45 or so, they announced boarding was commencing and called the QG passengers to the security line. Shortly thereafter, PG was called, when we went to get in line. Security took only a couple of minutes, possibly shorter if one does not carry a laptop (necessary for my business). We were in our cabin by 1:00 or very shortly thereafter.

Efficient and smooth process, probably the least amount of trouble I have ever encountered boarding.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2022 at 10:46 AM, ExArkie said:

Update on Southampton boarding process December 10:

We had a 1:00 arrival time noted on our boarding passes, with everything submitted (photos, credit card, etc.) during on-line check-in.

We checked out of our hotel at about noon, took a taxi to the Mayflower Terminal, arriving around 12:20 (didn’t note exactly). They looked at our boarding pass, directed us to the priority line (PG), and we waited a total of about 15 seconds before being called up to the desk to verify passports. There was a printed page taped to the desk that said if we had appropriate symptoms and/or personal contacts, please notify someone (with more details than that, of course)The lady asked that we read it and respond. We then went to sit and wait for boarding, which they had said was expected to start at 1:00.

At about 12:45 or so, they announced boarding was commencing and called the QG passengers to the security line. Shortly thereafter, PG was called, when we went to get in line. Security took only a couple of minutes, possibly shorter if one does not carry a laptop (necessary for my business). We were in our cabin by 1:00 or very shortly thereafter.

Efficient and smooth process, probably the least amount of trouble I have ever encountered boarding.

Just about the same as our experience back in October. Only asked if vaccinated (no proof required) and took a couple of minutes to check ESTAs

Ridiculous numbers of staff!

This was the QM2 on your day of departure in Southampton... (was unfortunately just boarding the IoW ferry at 16:30)

IMG_4450.JPEG

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

Just about the same as our experience back in October. Only asked if vaccinated (no proof required) and took a couple of minutes to check ESTAs

Ridiculous numbers of staff!

This was the QM2 on your day of departure in Southampton... (was unfortunately just boarding the IoW ferry at 16:30)

IMG_4450.JPEG

That really is a wonderful picture.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

It's a shame that the fading daylight meant that the resolution is rubbish

No, the fading wintery daylight is what makes it. It is a tranquil scene with the unusual muted colours, and completely calm waters, all emphasising the majesty of QM2.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

No, the fading wintery daylight is what makes it. It is a tranquil scene with the unusual muted colours, and completely calm waters, all emphasising the majesty of QM2.

The lighting is great, and a total accident...just would have been nice to have had more resolution in the picture...

It's no good as a PC desktop image so I will just have to stick with my skiing one...

38 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

The lighting is great, and a total accident...just would have been nice to have had more resolution in the picture...

It's no good as a PC desktop image so I will just have to stick with my skiing one...

Come now, people don’t say Monet lacks resolution. The fact some details are a little indistinct adds mystery and draws one in. 

1 hour ago, buchanan101 said:

And the composition is outstanding. The clouds really coopeerated.

• Like 1

We checked out of hotel late and arrived at the port around 1pm .we were given boarding time of 3pm but were allowed on around 1.30pm  .Only asked to see boarding passes and passports.Very quick through security ,  luggage was in the cabin before we headed for lunch in the buffet.