Boarding NCL. Why are the cabins not open till after 2pm?

ace2542

On 11/9/2022 at 7:15 PM, BirdTravels said:

Hmmmm, we're platinum cruisers on Cunard and don't remember being able to directly access our cabins,,, even in grill class. 

Yeah I've done a 12 nighter on the QM2 and i don't recall being able to go straight to our cabins.

We were on CCL in October and rooms were not ready until 2:00.

on some ships NCL has a baggage drop, usually in a closed bar near the atrium, where you left your bags and got a ticket for them.  Nice not to have them cluttering up passageways as people drug them around.  I don’t believe they had one of the Star in August but as Diamonds we can drop off our bags in our room then head out to lunch.

10 minutes ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

Nice not to have them cluttering up passageways as people drug them around.

How much luggage do you carry on?  I take a backpack and it doesn't clutter up anything.

11 minutes ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

I don’t believe they had one of the Star in August but as Diamonds we can drop off our bags in our room then head out to lunch.

I don't see that listed as a perk for diamonds.  Do you get secret access to your cabin before the steerage crowd?

I do carryon only since RCCL dropped my bag into the Mississippi River some years ago.  So DH and I each have a normal sized carry on.  Our luggage is t the problem but you see people with enormous pieces of luggage and seemingly no awareness of their surroundings.  Same hoes for self assist disembarking.

no, the drop off is not listed but we’re told in the past that, then, platinums and above could do bag drop off.  No one has ever told us otherwise.

21 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Best post of the thread!!  I like to get settled in a bar and eventually find my room (perhaps for a nap).

I’ve gotten “settled” in a bar after boarding and then couldn’t find my room.

• Haha 4

On 11/13/2022 at 9:56 PM, victory2020 said:

I think it's because NCL doesn't kick you out of your room by 8:30 like other cruise lines. I'm sure that can slow up the process

In Boston the get-out-of your-room-time is 8:30 on the Boston-Bermuda-Bar Harbor run. The ship is empty by 9:30. Two weeks ago we checked in at 10:30 and were on the ship at 11:15.

• Thanks 1