Thanksgiving Thursday - anything open?

skatie

Hi - being a Canadian, it didn't click into me until recently that we will be in Florida prior to our cruise during US Thanksgiving week.  We arrive Tuesday night and I assume Wednesday will have regular hours for shopping and restaurants (?), but is everything shut down on Thursday - we just want to know if we should make sure we have food if restaurants are closed and just plan a beach day (Thurs to Sunday we will be in Pompano Beach)?  Friday I know is a big shopping day - we may join in on the fun!  thanks

Edited by skatie

I'm doubting many attractions or shops are open on Thanks Giving, but as I recall around Pompano Beach, Houston's and Galuppi's are usually open with more traditional turkey dinners.

Sea Watch and Oceanic for nice beach views may be open as well. Really good seafood at either.

Just Google and see if you can find out information or setup reservations via Open Table.

Coral ridge Mall and Pompano Citi Centre are places to head for Black Friday shopping.

• Like 1

I'm unfamiliar with the area so can't recommend anything specific, but many restaurants offer a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. That might be a fun thing to do if you've never had an American one. Many require reservations, so you'll need to plan ahead. Enjoy!

Edited by SnowshoeCat
  • Like 2