Question about OBC & Price Drops

jencruzin

Ok. We booked our next cruise on our previous/recent one, booked on Anthem out of Southampton UK next summer. Wonderful itinerary to the Canaries, 12 nighter. 

Noticed a price drop on the cruise, so I called in, certainly was valid. During the PD process, she was trying to take away the OBC we received when we first booked the cruise. The discount was around $300, meaning that we'd be saving just $100 (as they're taking away the OBC).

Is this typically a normal action when phoning in to report a PD on your cruise? They strip away the OBC? If already done, is there someone to call and try and get that $200 OBC back?

3 minutes ago, jencruzin said:

Is this typically a normal action when phoning in to report a PD on your cruise? They strip away the OBC? If already done, is there someone to call and try and get that $200 OBC back?

Welcome to CC.

Yes, when looking at price drops look at the overall price including OBC which varies with various promos. No, you can't get the OBC back since that promo is gone. The only OBC you typically keep is the on board/Next cruise booking OBC.

Edited by Biker19

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Welcome to CC.

The only OBC you typically keep is the on board/Next cruise booking OBC.

That $200 WAS from the "NextCruise" booking, the agent on board added that. So now they've taken it away as I checked my account. No more OBC.

1 minute ago, jencruzin said:

That $200 WAS from the "NextCruise" booking, the agent on board added that. So now they've taken it away as I checked my account. No more OBC.

Did you keep the same reservation number? 

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1

Just now, jencruzin said:

Call back an ask them to re-add the Next Cruise OBC - the invoice (stay on the phone while they send it) should confirm the OBC, the web site may not.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

I was under the impression that the Next Cruise Desk OBC was for the booking, not the cost of the booking.  

Right, NC OBC doesn't depend on the cost of the cruise (just duration and cabin category).

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1