Princess is keeping track of when I log into their web site.

geocruiser

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

The two posts immediately after yours (#23 & #24) seem to contradict you. They say they were contacted after booking and received benefits or were made aware of new offers.

My post was #23.  I did not book.  I just was looking at Princess's wed site.  I was logged in.

The call came the next day.  I did not book a cruise. I know I did not say that I did not book a cruise in post #23.  But I said it in post #1.

Two weeks ago I was on the Holland America website looking at an itinerary for Alaska.  One day later, I received a call from a Holland America personal consultant asking if I need any help choosing an itinerary or if the person could answer any questions I might have.  I asked how did he know I was looking at the HAL sight and was told that the system sends a signal to a personal cruise consultant that I was searching the HAL website and that I might need some assistance.  Hence, the call.  I thanked the consultant for the call and politely told him I was just looking at my options on various lines and not ready to book anything.  I also told him that if I did book anything, I would be doing it through my TA. Even with explanation, I received an email from the consultant showing me all the benefits of booking with him and Holland America.  BTW, NCL used to do the same thing, called me at least once a month even when I told the representative that I was not interested in sailing NCL again -- that didn't stop her from trying.  Now, whenever I see her number on my caller ID, I just ignore it. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Incognito1 said:

It's easy enough to use a VPN and reject cookies.

Sorry to disappoint...but that will not change anything for this scenario.  If you log in to the system with your account credentials they have all of your info...unless of course you set the account up with bogus info; that's really going to backfire on you!  How you "get to" the Princess site has no bearing on the topic.

19 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Sorry to disappoint...but that will not change anything for this scenario.  If you log in to the system with your account credentials they have all of your info...unless of course you set the account up with bogus info; that's really going to backfire on you!  How you "get to" the Princess site has no bearing on the topic.

I did not log into my Holland America account, I just randomly searched their site without providing any info.  Yet, somehow they found out who I was.

On 11/11/2022 at 1:11 PM, geocruiser said:

They all keep track.  But I was surprised that Princess called me.  It was a nice touch for them to reach out to me.

I think so too. Another way to generate business.  Do you normally book direct or through  CVP?

59 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I think so too. Another way to generate business.  Do you normally book direct or through  CVP?

No, I always booked through a TA.  But I have not book a cruise with Princess since 2019.  We were booking three to five cruises a year with them.

Edited by geocruiser