Corresponding with family at home?

bubbie74

Several years ago we were on Carnival and I was somehow able to correspond with my sister via email but not using the wifi but I did something on Carnival boards or something like that. There was no charge. I can't remember how I did it. I do remember that anyone would be able to access it but that isn't an issue for me as it would just be to say "hi" and tell them my elderly parents are find with us on the cruise. Can anyone provide information? I have no reason for wanted to use the internet while away. Looking forward to to the media break. Just wanting to let our family know we are well. TY

27 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Follow the crew to wherever they go in port...they typically know where the free wifi is.

We just ask a few crewmembers on the way to the first port (or any port)and they can usually point you to a coffeshop or something superclose to the pier with free wi-fi.

The crew have to pay for their onboard wi-fi just like us and they prefer to use their limited time per month streaming if they can.

In all my years on these boards I don't remember ever hearing about some free workaround through the boards. (and I am a cheap SOB, so I look into any tips like that I see)

Good luck to you finding some sort of workaround.

If not the free wi-fi in each port should be good to merely check in.

Edited by bguppies

Check with your carrier, but international calling is so cheap now. ATT is $10 a day. I think I read T-Mobile is also $10 per day for international.

So every time you hit a port, switch it on, 10 bucks, but you can also do emails, texts and more. Totally catch up for 10 bucks

Check with your carrier

• Like 1

Years ago, Carnival had message boards on their website and you could log into them for free using the computers on the ship. I remember this because my daughter and I went on a cruise for her 21st birthday and that's how I kept my husband up-to-date on our day. That was back in 2013. Since then, Carnival got rid of their message boards - I don't remember when that was.

• Like 1