VROOM Surf and Stream

sjinnj

Hello,

Currently I see on my upcoming cruise VROOM Surf and Stream 16.99 a day and 8.99 additional devices.  Before it was 14.99 each device.  Is this liable to get better or worse by black Friday or stay the same?  My group is going to need at least 4 devices for a 9 day cruise.

What ship, and are you sure that price is for the high speed option? On our last four or five cruises, the high speed (stream) option was ~$25/day, and the low speed (surf) was ~$20/day.

Edited by orville99

42 minutes ago, orville99 said:

What ship, and are you sure that price is for the high speed option? On our last four or five cruises, the high speed (stream) option was ~$25/day, and the low speed (surf) was ~$20/day.

It's the only internet package that's available.  Liberty of the Seas July 27th to August 5th 2023.  

27 minutes ago, sjinnj said:

It's the only internet package that's available.  Liberty of the Seas July 27th to August 5th 2023.  

Sounds like they expect to have the Starlink system up and running by then and are discounting the older VOOM technology in anticipation of bringing out the higher speed (and higher priced) system.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Sounds like they expect to have the Starlink system up and running by then and are discounting the older VOOM technology in anticipation of bringing out the higher speed (and higher priced) system.

Liberty already has O3B and the switch to Starlink will likely only improve the latency somewhat. I would not expect any pricing changes due to the switch and it's highly unusual to not have both tiers of service (Surf, Stream) available in the planner.

• Like 1

I have an upcoming cruise on enchantment which I believe has been confirmed to switch to starlink. 

the pricing was like normal with both surf and surf&stream until around 3 weeks ago. I now only see surf&stream at 16.99 with 8.99 for added devices. The last sale even had it as low as 14.99 for first device. This was all after they announced that enchantment had starlink completely installed

it does seem odd that the price is lower (and no surf only option).

• Thanks 1