You are looking LIVE... Mardi Gras 11/19 Thanksgiving

TxTeach79

3 minutes ago, kelkel2 said:

Is your cabin on deck 14? Do you like that location? 

it is! It’s been great. Super quiet, I’m halfway between the forward and midship elevators, and it’s a quick walk to and from Lido, but also two floors below so there’s no sound from above. I recommend it!

• Like 4

Wifi is odd. When a post I make rolls over to a new page, this thread won’t reload until I restart my phone. Reload, new window, nothing works. Sometimes texting friends and family a picture or two takes a half hour or won’t happen. But last night I streamed Stars/Blackhawks in my room no problem, and the other night I streamed North Texas basketball no problem, and that’s not a major stream. Odd. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

it is! It’s been great. Super quiet, I’m halfway between the forward and midship elevators, and it’s a quick walk to and from Lido, but also two floors below so there’s no sound from above. I recommend it!

I’m glad to hear it! We’re in 14410 in January! I was a little worried about it being far from entertainment, but it’s close to the lido! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Thenagers said:

I just got chastised in a Facebook group for saying it not that hard to hit 15 drinks in a day for most men? It really is a time issue? Start at 9 go to 1-2 am? 

As a woman, I get chastised for saying it's not hard to break even for the cost of Cheers, even on a port day. A little kahlua in my coffee in the morning while I'm getting ready, maybe another at breakfast. Stop by a bar once back on board for a drink to take to the room, glass or two of wine at dinner, then a couple of cocktails in the evening. While I don't think I've ever hit 15, on a sea day, 9 or 10 is not unreasonable for me and 6-7 on a port day. I love/hate the implication that if I drink the 5-6 drinks each day to make Cheers worth it, I must be an alcoholic 🙃

• Like 7

3 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

GT is blowing right by this Thanksgiving stuff 

F85849C2-28C7-4D38-B12A-2A903B8587E1.thumb.jpeg.514a87f78c31fa133906b20dfcb83ef7.jpeg

96518CD7-8EE9-4C93-87B3-7E73128088A0.thumb.jpeg.ca05bd9fd1ba4b54f8c3e9723f0f7936.jpeg

Not to rain on your parade, but not everyone celebrates Thanksgiving. And some of us even celebrate it in October 🤯. We usually start with Christmas decorations after Remembrance Day (Nov 11).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Double crap. Check in time already. Look, I have a full weekend left onboard. You know how excited you feel when your weekend starts? Like a world of possibility awaits? That’s me right now. 

5264B7C2-3BB3-458A-8FC7-7285E17DA655.thumb.png.ee45a41c1be155d892831adbacee184f.png

Another reminder.... well, make the most of your Weekend!

Inquiring minds on GT thread want to know if 1) any check on being vaccinated when debarking at GT, and 2) is the flowrider up and running?  Also, can you tell if the front line umbrellas on the Margaritaville side were still being kidnapped by the lounger grifters?  Just head over to that board and rely.

2 hours ago, ctlyf said:

Not to rain on your parade, but not everyone celebrates Thanksgiving. And some of us even celebrate it in October 🤯. We usually start with Christmas decorations after Remembrance Day (Nov 11).

oh I know, I was just joking around. Nothing wrong with some nice Christmas decorations 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Inquiring minds on GT thread want to know if 1) any check on being vaccinated when debarking at GT, and 2) is the flowrider up and running?  Also, can you tell if the front line umbrellas on the Margaritaville side were still being kidnapped by the lounger grifters?  Just head over to that board and rely.

For what it’s worth, I just got out of the Tides pool after chatting with a nice couple from Florida, and they said they got a letter in their cabin yesterday reminding them they couldn’t get off in GT today because of their vaccination status. Nothing was checked by any GT official period (even coming back through to the pier), so it makes me assume that it’s coded on your sail & sign card. 

didn’t see any of the umbrella grifters, and I looked! But I was also in a very early group