Apex Southampton 2024 cruise pricing

Moby Jones

On 11/17/2022 at 3:55 PM, Moby Jones said:

Not all of them were no. I've joined the ship via a UK booking then booked onboard and had the new sailing booked sent to my US TA if they were offering a better deal. 

I suspect you have been misinformed. You can have your booking sent to any TA either side of the pond regardless. If I was told I couldn't I'd tell the future cruise sales staff to stick their booking. 

We also done exactly the same with Azamara. It has never been a problem. Though at the moment it seems much cheaper to book AZ in the UK. 

You can definitely purchase FCD in either currency and have them sent to your TAs either side of the pond as I have done this many times. I’ve also purchased both at the same time. Unfortunately, most cruise prices now are ‘better’ over here due to exchange rates. Additionally, since the pandemic, some insurance companies have altered their T&Cs stating that cruises need to be booked in the U.K. in order for them to be valid for claims (do check).

International flights in cattle class 🤦‍♀️ - not if I can help it 😁. Trouble is, it’s hard to go back. Not bothered if it’s Europe; I can suffer that 😉.

On 11/16/2022 at 1:46 AM, chemmo said:

A pity….we enjoy an occasional cruise from Southampton and as we have got older the appeal of not flying has become more tempting.

We are highly unlikely to be booking…

Agree…just cannot justify this sort of pricing. Too rich for us…

Agree, ridiculous pricing.

• Like 3

On 11/17/2022 at 12:15 PM, hawkesbaynz said:

Oddly went on the balcony of the Doubletree by Hilton Grand Biscayne in Miami and   our beloved Silhouette is in Miami Port. Sailed on her three times and seen many times when walking the dog on the beach in our village.

I see that a P&O Iona balcony can be had for less than £1K to Norway. Will a IV on the Apex be twice as good at £2K? That’s a question I may try to answer. 

Rather than jumping from one cruise line to another we are thinking more of villa breaks to European islands with a private pool and enough space to take family with us for a month for the cost of just over a week on Apex in a RS (flights and small car hire included for family with the villa option)….

The irony is the E class RS is not as nice as the S class one ( in our opinion).

Much as we love cruising our cruises have always been about quality family time…Just over a week vs up to a month enjoying family time, especially when some family members can work from home…

I can’t see our cruising coming to an end but I can see us cruising less often and being more selective…

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 4

I mentioned the pricing of Apex ex UK to celebrity cruise consultant in UK and they replied saying cruises are selling extremely well! I'm surprised to be fair as heard many put off by the costs. I'm flying to Rome to do Beyond again and it's still much cheaper than Apex with no flights from UK.

13 minutes ago, sweep2907 said:

I mentioned the pricing of Apex ex UK to celebrity cruise consultant in UK and they replied saying cruises are selling extremely well! I'm surprised to be fair as heard many put off by the costs. I'm flying to Rome to do Beyond again and it's still much cheaper than Apex with no flights from UK.

I read in one of the cruising industry emails that Celebrity said they had "record breaking bookings" for the Apex as soon as the sailings were open. I guess there must be some people out there that will pay those prices!! ??

On 11/20/2022 at 11:03 AM, swigso said:

We are sailing on Beyond through the Panama Canal in March 2024 we have an S1 and it cost $7700 for the two of us. $350 pppn with $1250 OBC and everything included. With hotels in Florida costing over $400 a night we think it is a great deal

Compared to the quality of dining and accommodations on our bookings on other more upscale lines I don't view $350 pppn as great value for money to be honest. But we booked our Beyond sailing a long time ago and had FCC's (Given after a poor experience on Reflection this year) to use. 

When I see suite pricing on AZ, O and Seabourn I do wonder how often we'll be sailing onboard X with their current suite pricing. The luxury lines have better itineraries and are better value for money IMHO. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Moby Jones said:

Compared to the quality of dining and accommodations on our bookings on other more upscale lines I don't view $350 pppn as great value for money to be honest. But we booked our Beyond sailing a long time ago and had FCC's (Given after a poor experience on Reflection this year) to use. 

When I see suite pricing on AZ, O and Seabourn I do wonder how often we'll be sailing onboard X with their current suite pricing. The luxury lines have better itineraries and are better value for money IMHO. 

Hi thanks for your input, I would be interested to hear about the great suite pricing on Seabourn and Oceania that go through the canal. The dining experience in Laminae is from our experience good. We also like Blu. Azamara has great dining in Aquilina and Prime C. But the pppd rates are about the same as Celebrity, in a suite.

Nebver felt the need to move across to Seabourn but I hear it is equally as good as Celebrity. I would love to hear about the great deals on Seabourn as we may just give them a try.

On 11/21/2022 at 11:14 PM, LuAnn said:

I read in one of the cruising industry emails that Celebrity said they had "record breaking bookings" for the Apex as soon as the sailings were open. I guess there must be some people out there that will pay those prices!! ??

As this will be Apex's first season in the UK any level of booking could be described in "Marketing Speak" as Record Breaking. RCCI as a whole have been making similar claims for the last year but still registered losses up to the last quarter and are forecasting loses in the next. The itineraries don't look anything out of the ordinary and other lines are pushing hard with more "specials" including comedy and cookery. We cruised B2B on Silhouette in May this year the first cruise had nearly 2000 passengers and the second less than 800 so clearly X still has a lot of work to do.

• Like 1

Whem I saw that I could book a suite on Royal Caribbean's Anthem for less than the price of an inside cabin on Celebrity Apex (October Canaries trips for both - and the Anthem one was a day longer as wel) my decision on who to cruise with in 2024 was pretty much made. Apex looks to be a lovely ship, but it's not worth that price.

Edited by beardedladies
  • Like 1