Hotels in St MAARTEN

14 months and counting

Hi, We always arrive 2-3 days before a cruise with Windstar, because our Caribbean Windstar Cruises are always in the winter and we are from the Northeast. After the big hurricane a few years ago The Divi rebuilt and we really like it especially with Covid times because you can dine 100% of the time outside: it is near the dock, nice beach, great pools, outside bar and 2 outside lunch places, an evening restaurant that you can reserve and outside table and good food, like the Wind Surf it fits us. We also have stayed in Oyster Bay which is a semi island, before Covid it had three independent restaurants, nice beach and good pool. We did not want to rent a car. Philipsburg is midway between Oyster Bay and the airport. We have also stayed at the Holland House which is very close to the dock, nice beach, lovely restaurant, no pool even though it is in the town the way it is build it is quiet. You do need a beach side room. On the French side further away is the Grande Clase Beach area,  an area that was completely rebuild, hotels, lovely restaurants. About a $40 cab ride to the dock. We have been very happy with the Divi, won't break the bank, I am a swimmer so I love the pool and the beach. Enjoy, great cruise. Happy Sailing.

On 11/16/2022 at 9:21 AM, Strenz said:

Hi, We always arrive 2-3 days before a cruise with Windstar, because our Caribbean Windstar Cruises are always in the winter and we are from the Northeast. After the big hurricane a few years ago The Divi rebuilt and we really like it especially with Covid times because you can dine 100% of the time outside: it is near the dock, nice beach, great pools, outside bar and 2 outside lunch places, an evening restaurant that you can reserve and outside table and good food, like the Wind Surf it fits us. We also have stayed in Oyster Bay which is a semi island, before Covid it had three independent restaurants, nice beach and good pool. We did not want to rent a car. Philipsburg is midway between Oyster Bay and the airport. We have also stayed at the Holland House which is very close to the dock, nice beach, lovely restaurant, no pool even though it is in the town the way it is build it is quiet. You do need a beach side room. On the French side further away is the Grande Clase Beach area,  an area that was completely rebuild, hotels, lovely restaurants. About a $40 cab ride to the dock. We have been very happy with the Divi, won't break the bank, I am a swimmer so I love the pool and the beach. Enjoy, great cruise. Happy Sailing.

I endorse @Strenzsuggestion of the Divi Resort.  It was a great way to transition to island life before boarding Windstar.  We found a driver at Divi that took care of all of our travels around the island, including a full island tour.  We could contact him on WhatsApp at any time and he or a colleague would pick us up.  It was only a $20 tab to the port when we used him and most fares on the island are standardized and regulated.