Going to puerto vallarta, get ready to tender

Florida_gal_50

21 minutes ago, oldbluff said:

What Mazatlan shore excursion was cancelled, if you don’t mind me asking. We have several booked there beginning with the 26-Nov sailing. Thanks!

I can't remember the exact name but it was a funicular to an observation point to overlook mazatlan.  I was excited about it because I've never done it before and it wasn't too long.  I watched a YouTube of it and it looked great.  I had booked it for both weeks.

1 hour ago, lstrong said:

Thank you so much Ruth!  

You're very welcome. I hope it works out well for both of you. 

36 minutes ago, oldbluff said:

Gotta love Ruth. She provides such good info. Definitely a sweetheart.

Aw, shucks. You have made my day. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

I know this is bold of me, but have you considered just doing that funicular on your own or booking with a local tour company?  

Hank

I was thinking the same thing. It’s 1.7 km from the cruise terminal. Walk, Uber or taxi. It’s sounds like a great location. In addition to the funicular, there is a museum, gardens etc. I understand that sometimes touring by oneself can be daunting so I certainly understand why a ships tour is preferable. I hope it works out for you.@Florida_gal_50

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

I know this is bold of me, but have you considered just doing that funicular on your own or booking with a local tour company?  

Hank

The reason I was doing this was because I had $100 per week shorex. I don't really want to use uber here and I'm not excited about doing it via taxi alone. I can't crawl into a passenger van but if you know a tour company that might use a small bus I won't be crunched into that may work.  I do a lot of steps a day but walking that far is not doable for me anymore.  I know i could research myself but the internet is very slow for the most part. Thanks.

Edited by Florida_gal_50

1 minute ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

The reason I was doing this was because I had $100 per week shorex. I don't really want to use uber here and I'm not excited about doing it via taxi alone. I can't crawl into a passenger van but if you know a tour company that might use a small bus I won't be crunched into that may work.  Thanks.

Can help you with just about anything in PV (our winter home) but cannot recommend a specific company in Mazatlan since we have no personal experience.  I do understand the excursion credit (we have upcoming HAL cruises with HIA) but keep in mind that Mazatlan is very tourist-friendly and most in the tourist industry speak some English.  That funicular tour does look interesting :).

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I do a lot of steps a day but walking that far is not doable for me anymore. 

I'm confused.

You have said numerous times on this board that you walk 10,000 - 12,000 steps daily. That is 5-6 miles each day. That's about the same as my steps daily so I'm very surprised you now claim that you can not walk one mile (2,000 steps). 

OF course, it's none of my business other than pure curiosity and keeping it real  

Edited by BermudaBound2014

2 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I'm confused.

You have said numerous times on this board that you walk 10,000 - 12,000 steps daily. That is 5-6 miles each day. That's about the same as my steps daily so I'm very surprised you now claim that you can not walk one mile (2,000 steps). 

OF course, it's none of my business other than pure curiosity and keeping it real  

Did you need me to take a picture of my Garmin watch?  Actually you've gotten it wrong yet again.  It's between 10 and 15 k steps a day when I'm working. I'm doing around 10k or less on the ship. I am moving all day from about 4am.  I.walk to the bus, around the floor, around my condo.  This is what happens when you hold a job and are not a trust fund baby.  I never, ever said I do long walks.  Right now I've done 7498 steps and it's 1:15 pm.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Can help you with just about anything in PV (our winter home) but cannot recommend a specific company in Mazatlan since we have no personal experience.  I do understand the excursion credit (we have upcoming HAL cruises with HIA) but keep in mind that Mazatlan is very tourist-friendly and most in the tourist industry speak some English.  That funicular tour does look interesting :).

That's right.  Sorry about that. I turned my data on because the internet is glacial. I wasn't able to find out much info.  It wasn't clear where the meeting point was. Was also in a rush because we were corralled up for the  authorities.

On 11/16/2022 at 7:15 AM, Florida_gal_50 said:

There are 3 ships.  Not sure if this includes us.  I always thought there was room for 3.  I suspect it came down to money but that's my theory.  The crew that I talked to are disappointed because they like their Walmart run.  I don't blame them. It just makes it more difficult and time consuming.

There is room for only two big ships. The smallest ship has to tender. The Norwegian Bliss and the. Arrival Splender have over 4000 passengers. We have been to PV 3 times this year. And the smallest ship of the 3 or 4 had to tender.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ine said:

Not so bad after all. November 23 Koningsdam docked at Pier nr. 2 in PV. 

23 nov Kodam PV.jpg

Yup, it's much appreciated.  They never did notify us after sending out the notice at the start of the cruise.  Some of us were lucky enough to hear it through the grapevine.  Communication is lacking.

• Like 1