Would a 16-year-old enjoy the Celebrity Beyond on a holiday cruise?

Sigyn

22 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

All it takes is one kid I a group to say something isn’t “cool”..and that’s it ,it’s not cool. I can hear one now, that stuff is for little kids. 

If you look at the lines of teenagers on almost every attraction on a Royal ship, I don't think this happens very often.

We took our then12-year-old grandson on an Alaska cruise in 2019 with Celebrity and he loved the teens club, he couldn't wait to go and be with his newfound friends. I would expect a Holiday cruise to be similar to the Alaska cruise with a lot of families and teens on the ship. Next June we are taking our 12-year-old granddaughter on the Equinox in the Retreat. In 2024 we plan to take our 2nd grandson, on another Celebrity Alaska cruise, he will be 12 then too.

Edited by terrydtx

Our first cruise was on the HAL Rotterdam.  We took our younger kids at the time.  Did they enjoy the cruise?  Of course they did.  Did they enjoy it as much as they would have on an RCL ship? No way.

Water slides, bumper cars, skydiving, zip lines, miniature golf, surfing,  better entertainment, more teens on board.  RCL is built for families with kids and teenagers.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1

As you call tell from these comments, there is no way a bunch of strangers can give you an answer to your question.  You are just going to have to find out the hard way or find someone who has sailed X with the same itinerary as you are planning and knows your kid well, then you might get a more accurate  answer. 

I sailed with my son many times on Celebrity from the time he was very young through adulthood.  Would he like a Royal Caribbean type cruise better?  No doubt.  But he still really enjoyed his time.  It depends on two things.  1) personality - if he is fine with quiet time playing games, reading, etc.., and likes to spend some quality family time with his family he will be fine.  2) I know you don't want a totally wrecked cruise with a miserable teen, but at the end of the day who's paying for this?  You're offering to take him (I assume at no cost to him) on a great cruise ship with an awesome itinerary where he will be totally spoiled and treated like a king.  Call me selfish if you will, but I don't think cruises should be planned around which one is the most fun for kids.  As long as they will have a reasonably good time then I say go for it.  Just set the expectations before sailing.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

I sailed with my son many times on Celebrity from the time he was very young through adulthood.  Would he like a Royal Caribbean type cruise better?  No doubt.  But he still really enjoyed his time.  It depends on two things.  1) personality - if he is fine with quiet time playing games, reading, etc.., and likes to spend some quality family time with his family he will be fine.  2) I know you don't want a totally wrecked cruise with a miserable teen, but at the end of the day who's paying for this?  You're offering to take him (I assume at no cost to him) on a great cruise ship with an awesome itinerary where he will be totally spoiled and treated like a king.  Call me selfish if you will, but I don't think cruises should be planned around which one is the most fun for kids.  As long as they will have a reasonably good time then I say go for it.  Just set the expectations before sailing.

I asked him and he said as long as there are "baddies" on board - his current teen slang for good-looking girls - he'll be okay. 

On 11/20/2022 at 9:08 AM, njsmom said:

I asked him and he said as long as there are "baddies" on board - his current teen slang for good-looking girls - he'll be okay. 

Much more likely he will find a lot of baldies and very few baddies 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've taken my teenage sons on Celebrity multiple times. The Med, Alaska and Caribbean. They LOVED it! For those that say go with RRCL or NCL for the more fun vibe with teens, I've also sailed those lines and my sons did not enjoy those as much, too hectic. Of course the had fun and never hated any cruise but Celebrity was more comfortable for them, made lots of friends and we filled our ports days so they were never really bored. I think those who have actually sailed with their kids on a Celebrity cruise can offer a much better point of view than those who haven't. I agree with other posters, you know your child best so only you will know what's suits your family dynamics.

Patty

On 11/19/2022 at 6:24 PM, phoenix_dream said:

100% Agree! 

• Like 1