Tampa cruise terminal to Tampa airport cost?

farjar

Anyone know the cost of a cab or an Uber from the Tampa cruise terminal to the Tampa airport?  It seems Uber prices can vary depending on the time of day or demand.  I also read there are shuttle buses waiting at debarkation that don't require reservations and run about $15 pp.  Has anyone done that?  Thank you.

We did a shuttle from Tampa cruise port to TPA last month (Oct) and it was $10.00 pp. They are standing right outside luggage claim (but we did self assist) with large signs and the shuttles were sitting just a few steps away. Couldn't have easier and quicker as the shuttle filled up fast and we were on our way.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

Just have $10/pp cash ready when you exit the terminal. No reservations necessary.

Actually once everyone and their luggage is loaded on the driver drives just out of the terminal lot and stops to collect your $10.00pp cash..at least this is how it was done this past October.

And yes, no reservations needed or I believe available. Just walk out and hop on. 

6 hours ago, Ashland said:

Actually once everyone and their luggage is loaded on the driver drives just out of the terminal lot and stops to collect your $10.00pp cash..at least this is how it was done this past October.

In Nov., the guy took my money in the port parking lot after he put my luggage in the van. In any event, the traveler will need $10.

4 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

In Nov., the guy took my money in the port parking lot after he put my luggage in the van. In any event, the traveler will need $10.

Then seems like each driver has their own routine...all in all this is a great shuttle deal.

Did your driver just make one stop at TPA ours did and everyone exited.

4 hours ago, Ashland said:

Then seems like each driver has their own routine...all in all this is a great shuttle deal.

Did your driver just make one stop at TPA ours did and everyone exited.

Well, after he missed the turn for terminal 1 (or is it A?), we drove all the way back around to get there. I got off at the first stop, but I am pretty sure people remained on for a second stop.

And yes, $10 is a great deal. 

• 2 months later...
On 12/23/2022 at 5:00 PM, hrhdhd said:

Well, after he missed the turn for terminal 1 (or is it A?), we drove all the way back around to get there. I got off at the first stop, but I am pretty sure people remained on for a second stop.

And yes, $10 is a great deal. 

Does anyone know whether the driver would drop me off at the long-term parking lot?

• 5 months later...

Anyone disembarked in Tampa recently? Last November shuttles, taxis and hired cars had a rough time getting in to the pickup area. The large busses that were Celebrity airport shuttle blocked a lot of access to where passengers waiting for hired car pick would wait. This was our first time here. It looked a one lane in one lane out situation. Not wide open as Miami and Fort Lauderdale.