Category Upgrade offered-Need opinion

gr8-2travel

55 minutes ago, Mich3554 said:

We have the door right now on our world cruise, no slider was available when I booked it.  TBH, I really don’t care which we have anymore after using it, nor do I understand the appeal of the slider.

Ever been in a raging gale n the North Atlantic, lassie? My DH likes to peek outside during such, and it was almost fatal with a door. 🤦‍♀️On subsequent cruises we learned to get the slider. 😉

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sugarside said:

On our cruise earlier this month the patio doors were remotely locked to all cabins due to rough seas and outside deck access not allowed either.

Wow, that's a new one on me. How the technology changes in 10 yrs of retirement. BTW - which ship?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Wow, that's a new one on me. How the technology changes in 10 yrs of retirement. BTW - which ship?

Yes, I was surprised to read this too.  All we ever had was the captain coming on and telling us not to go out on the balcony!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sugarside said:

On our cruise earlier this month the patio doors were remotely locked to all cabins due to rough seas and outside deck access not allowed either.

Was this an Expedition ship? Never experienced it on a Viking Ocean ship.

Viking Sky.

Other passengers reported not being able to open the sliders onto their balconies as well.

Could be mistaken about being locked remotely but as soon as the rough sea calmed ,the next day the door could be opened.

6 hours ago, sugarside said:

Viking Sky.

Other passengers reported not being able to open the sliders onto their balconies as well.

Could be mistaken about being locked remotely but as soon as the rough sea calmed ,the next day the door could be opened.

Possibly the doors were key locked / unlocked by your cabin steward when you were not there. I have experienced this on other lines when foul weather was encountered.  A normal safety precaution. 🍺🥌

4 hours ago, CurlerRob said:

Possibly the doors were key locked / unlocked by your cabin steward when you were not there. I have experienced this on other lines when foul weather was encountered.  A normal safety precaution. 🍺🥌

Yes, that’s my surmise too. But interesting that we have never encountered that, despite cruises during blustery weather in the North Atlantic, South America, & even in the Meddy this last March.I would also think the steward would inform you when this was being done.

34 minutes ago, LindaS272 said:

Yes, that’s my surmise too. But interesting that we have never encountered that, despite cruises during blustery weather in the North Atlantic, South America, & even in the Meddy this last March.I would also think the steward would inform you when this was being done.

The only times I've encountered it were during fairly extreme weather that also led to the closing of outside decks (none on Viking trips). Stewards would certainly tell us if we were in the room, but several times it was done when we were not there, so we just discovered it. 🍺🥌

Edited by CurlerRob
Correction