Things to see in Fort King Village

Hangman115

Now that I am in a wheelchair. And traveling solo. My choices of shore excursions are very limited.

I have a couple sailings upcoming that have stops in Belize. My plan, my first time is just hangout in the village. I heard the Wet Lizard is a good place for an adult beverage or two. Looking for other ideas. Any shops I should explore.

Next time I might look at accessible excursions. But this first time just want to hang around the waterfront. Toss back a couple cold ones. Snap some pictures. And maybe discover that one item I must bring back to America with me

Well you can get to the Belize Sign and the lighthouse.  And you can travel down Marine Parade's promenade without the hassle from vendors.  Or go to the flea /crafts market across the street. At one time Wet Lizard had a tent set up on the wharf but their main location is up a steep set of stairs.  Not sure if there's wheelchair access.  

As far as excursions, assuming you can get transportation, Altun Ha Maya ruins are accessible with path ways.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Well you can get to the Belize Sign and the lighthouse.  And you can travel down Marine Parade's promenade without the hassle from vendors.  Or go to the flea /crafts market across the street. At one time Wet Lizard had a tent set up on the wharf but their main location is up a steep set of stairs.  Not sure if there's wheelchair access.  

As far as excursions, assuming you can get transportation, Altun Ha Maya ruins are accessible with path ways.

From the videos I have seen. And posts on the Wet Lizard facebook. They have a wooden structure. Next to the water. Wheelchair access in that bar and food area

I will look up the excursion area you mentioned. And sadly transportation is always a problem for disabled folks like me. 

You cannot just lift a 100 pound wheelchair. Fold it up and slide it into a car or van

• Like 1