Another monkey/sloth question...

garnet115

What are the interactions with the monkeys like?  Considering doing one of Victor's tours when we are in Roatan, but we had a bad experience with monkeys in the Dominican Republic.  We went to a monkey preserve where they gave you bowls of food to hold while the monkeys climbed all over you - they were really aggressive.  My daughter - who LOVES all animals - was really freaked out by it.  We want to do monkeys and sloths in Roatan, but are worried about a repeat of our DR experience. Any thoughts or experience?

We just got back and we did the Victor Bodden Fun-n-Sun tour.  They only take you into one enclosure with monkeys and the one we had did get on head or shoulders but very friendly and docile.  You stood on the outside of the pens next to the other monkeys as our guide said they could get aggressive. Our guide asked us before we went into each enclosure so if you don't want monkeys he would skip those, no problem.   The sloths were so amazing!  

I am working on my video of the tour, should have it up on our YT in the next week.

20221116_105849.jpg

20221116_104551.jpg