Pricing Glitch

mramella

Hello,

I was pricing a cruise for March of 23 on Harmony when I noticed a strange pricing glitch. Please see "before glitch" and "after glitch" screen shots below. As you'll see, it's $630 difference for a guaranteed balcony. Not small potatoes in my opinion. I was able to get all the way to the page where I can enter my credit card details, but did not pull the trigger.

Has anyone seen this before? If I were to move forward, will I be charged more later once the glitch is fixed?

Thanks!

before.png

after.png

Edited by mramella

I agree with the above. Book the lower price and carefully inspect the invoice. Be ready to cancel within 24 hours.

The fact that both prices are the same in the second screenshot looks suspicious to me. My guess is that the balcony price somehow got cached as the interior price. 

But if you get it in writing on the invoice, you are good to go. Nothing to lose by trying.

Is that the price for a regular balcony guarantee? Is that during spring break? Just asking because it seems a bit high for an inside or a balcony at a guarantee rate, unless that's spring break which seeks like it might be. I am sailing on Symphony in a balcony with two people in a few weeks and it's hundreds less. No one commented on those inside prices so I guess folks think that is an ok price. Just seems high for me .

Thank you for the replies! I was going to pull the trigger, but just priced flights from STL to MIA. Yikes! The cost of flights (need 4 roundtrip tickets) make the trip cost prohibitive at this point. Bummer! 😞 Cannot bring my self to pay nearly $4k for flights on Southwest. 

Also, yes, this is over Spring Break, which probably explains why the flights are so expensive.

Thanks! 

Edited by mramella

24 minutes ago, mramella said:

Thank you for the replies! I was going to pull the trigger, but just priced flights from STL to MIA. Yikes! The cost of flights (need 4 roundtrip tickets) make the trip cost prohibitive at this point. Bummer! 😞 Cannot bring my self to pay nearly $4k for flights on Southwest. 

Also, yes, this is over Spring Break, which probably explains why the flights are so expensive.

Thanks! 

Yes, I'm finding this as well. Flight prices are triple what I've ever paid even for Spring Break before...