Super Bowl

papa2

We booked our first cruise in three years about a month ago on the Sunrise in Feb 2023. I just now realized we will be on the ship for the super bowl. Has anyone sailed for the super bowl in the past and know if it was shown on the big screen by the pool?

18 minutes ago, papa2 said:

We booked our first cruise in three years about a month ago on the Sunrise in Feb 2023. I just now realized we will be on the ship for the super bowl. Has anyone sailed for the super bowl in the past and know if it was shown on the big screen by the pool?

I'm sure it is

Yes, it will be shown on the pool TV. I was on the Ecstasy one year and they had it in the main lounge (no TV on the pool deck on Ecstasy). Had a buffet in the back, ample bar service. Best way to watch the game! (Except for the fact it was sort of a stormy night and the satellite kept going in and out).

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, we were on the Panorama in February, when the Rams won the Super Bowl, on a ship comprised of mostly people from Los Angeles.  Awesome time!

The game was shown on the big screen in front of the pool, as well as most of the TVs in the bar areas.  It was the ESPN Latin America feed which featured a Caribbean commercial package. 

On 11/20/2022 at 11:05 AM, papa2 said:

Sailed on two cruises. First there were no big screens, watched in pub. The second was on the big screen.

1 hour ago, jy_cruisefan said:

Will be on the Celebration for Superbowl in February. Where is the best place to watch the game with sound? I know they will probably show it on the big screen by the main pool, but will it also have the sound from the Fox broadcast?

Thanks

Wherever screen the game is on, there will be sound, including by the pool.  And it'll be the Caribbean feed of ESPN, which has the rights to air the game, not the traditional US feed.  

• Thanks 1

On 11/20/2022 at 12:05 PM, papa2 said:

yes and if you want a seat you better go early