Mahagony Bay Beach ?

DavidsNana

Last time I was at Mahagony Bay, there were only loungers with clamshells, regular loungers farther back and the beach bungalows/cabanas.  I have seen pictures more currently with some beach umbrellas along the water area but I can't find any way to pre-reserve one of them.  Does anyone who has been there recently know how one reserves one of these?  Thank you for any and all information.

OK I guess I wasn't clear.  There seems to be no way to reserve the umbrellas versus the loungers with clamshells on the cruise line's excursion booking platform.  So I thought that someone who has been there recently, might know how it works.  Last time I was there in 2019 there were only the loungers, loungers with clamshells and the bungalows.

Hopefully you'll get a recent response.  My understanding is that in the past, it was first come first serve for the clamshells if you bought the package.  I would assume the same for umbrellas.  When you order the excursion you can see if there's any toggle for umbrellas, otherwise, just get off as early as you can.

• Thanks 1

We were there back in March.  We didn't reserve anything in advance but got off early.  There were umbrellas and clamshells by the water.  We chose the clamshell, but there were a few umbrellas not yet claimed.  They did go fairly quickly, though.  There are guys on the beach that set it up, take payment and wait on you from Fat Tuesday. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

We have a cabana booked for our group, actually got the last one.  Problem is, we're a group of 8, and it says it's for 4. Wanted to book 2 of them.

Can we add more people at the excursion desk on the ship?  How much would it be?

If not, any suggestions on what to do? I read that the cabana beach area is private?

We really would like to make it work. With a couple of redheads in the family who burn, we really need it!

17 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

We have a cabana booked for our group, actually got the last one.  Problem is, we're a group of 8, and it says it's for 4. Wanted to book 2 of them.

Can we add more people at the excursion desk on the ship?  How much would it be?

If not, any suggestions on what to do? I read that the cabana beach area is private?

We really would like to make it work. With a couple of redheads in the family who burn, we really need it!

On the excursions page it says that two additional people can be added for an additional charge.  But does not say how much.  Your best bet would be to continue to check to see if anyone cancels and you can grab the additional cabana.  If that doesn't happen, I would go directly to the shore excursion desk upon boarding and explain the situation and hopefully they can do something for you.  The only time I have booked a cabana there were only 4 of us.  Maybe someone else has had this situation and will have the answer.  Good luck.

1 hour ago, DavidsNana said:

On the excursions page it says that two additional people can be added for an additional charge.  But does not say how much.  Your best bet would be to continue to check to see if anyone cancels and you can grab the additional cabana.  If that doesn't happen, I would go directly to the shore excursion desk upon boarding and explain the situation and hopefully they can do something for you.  The only time I have booked a cabana there were only 4 of us.  Maybe someone else has had this situation and will have the answer.  Good luck.

Thanks for the help. But, on our page, it actually says 4 max. 

22 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Thanks for the help. But, on our page, it actually says 4 max. 

I am confused.... why do you need a cabana for 8 people.  It is a free beach with plenty of free chairs under palm trees.  They also have the sun shades you can purchase.

20200211_114509.jpg

2019_Vista_MahoganyBaytour (21).Movie_Snapshot.jpg

DSCF2373.jpg

DSCF2386.jpg

6 hours ago, ABQrobin said:

I am confused.... why do you need a cabana for 8 people.  It is a free beach with plenty of free chairs under palm trees.  They also have the sun shades you can purchase.

Red heads that burn very easily.  They can't stay in the sun, even shaded by trees, all day. Clamshells may provide enough shade, but not nearly as comfortable to sit at for a considerable amount of time as a cabana.

We don't need all 8 in the cabana. If it was like Half Moon Cay, it wouldn't be an issue, the rest of the group could just rest on the beach.  But, I think Mahogany Bay has a private beach area for cabana guests, and we'd like to be in the same area.