Ovation on hold in Vila

Hogbay

33 minutes ago, beatleman said:

Chilly, Mrs Beat has requested the name of the Cruise Director on board at present, she is hoping it's Joff Eaton Thanks

John Grantham, he is quite good ,American with a deep strong voice.

I believe Joff is on Anthem, I’m afraid I’m not a fan of Joff but some people love him.

17 hours ago, mr walker said:

Hey Chilli, keep calm & enjoy your cruise😁 I’m here in Penrith & the wind is blowing the dogs off their chains 😳

while you’re there cooling your heels, can you just let me know the price of a Crownie onboard. I saw a price list from Quantum & it had Crownies & VB both US$8.25  ???

stay safe from the two sisters 😁

I’ll get a few receipts from tonight mr Walker .

Those sisters are pushy.

I have had a few reports of people just after someone with a Australian passport for immigration.

I have a broad mind but I was shocked when I was introduced to someone who just wanted a baby . I’m 60 years old and I’m past that kind of thing.

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

John Grantham, he is quite good ,American with a deep strong voice.

I believe Joff is on Anthem, I’m afraid I’m not a fan of Joff but some people love him.

He was CD on Celebrity Century 10 years ago and he was fabulous. He ran the most detailed & enjoyable music trivias I have ever attended and gave talks about his career as a Hollywood stuntman.  I'm on Ovation in February. What a shame he is leaving.

Edited by timtam2
Typo

22 hours ago, mr walker said:

Hey Chilli, keep calm & enjoy your cruise😁 I’m here in Penrith & the wind is blowing the dogs off their chains 😳

while you’re there cooling your heels, can you just let me know the price of a Crownie onboard. I saw a price list from Quantum & it had Crownies & VB both US$8.25  ???

I had a beer for you Mr Walker, $8.25

I think all the beers are $8.25 ,maybe the Fosters are a bit more. I haven’t seen the bucket of beer deals.

I tried to download a photo but it didn’t work with this internet on the ship.

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 2

On 11/21/2022 at 5:55 PM, mr walker said:

They have the bucket of beer deal still Mr Walker. I was talking to a fellow buying one . $33 for 5 beers.

The diamond vouchers are good, I use  mine for something with a bit more kick.
The 2 sisters seem to think I’m drinking scotch and coke .They keep buying them for me so I just go with the flow. Scotch and coke $10.50 .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ovation of the Seas due to arrive in Sydney on 26 Nov '22 is Tier 2 COVID cases: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/travel/cruising-rules

Tier 2

Moderate impact to vessel

There are quite a few cases on board (30-99 positive cases per 1,000 people) and/or the vessel’s staffing or resources are impacted. However, it can safely maintain critical services.

• 5 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, arxcards said:

So, only Royal has Rhino beetles? Lets hope they don't breed with the snails, as that could stop the ships from going anywhere.

Maybe it’s the Rhinoceros beetles that eating the wires in the Azipods.

If they cross breed with the snails with the Rhino beetles .

Vanuatu could sell them to the French in Noumea .

Edited by Chiliburn

In order to avoid Vila's Rhino beetles, the schedule was flipped for them to go to Mystery Island first. Alas, another one of those medical emergencies caused them to skip Mystery island and go straight to Vila and overnight there.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

In order to avoid Vila's Rhino beetles, the schedule was flipped for them to go to Mystery Island first. Alas, another one of those medical emergencies caused them to skip Mystery island and go straight to Vila and overnight there.

I was thinking medical emergency? 
There seems to be a lot  this season, I wonder if the passengers where stuck on the ship while it was a anchor.

Maybe @bretts173knows something?

35 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

It seems something is off with Royal and Mystery Island, they never seem to get ashore.

It’s unusual that they supplement the consistent missed mystery island by being anchored in Vila bay. It would be good if the passengers could get off but from my experience they can’t.

39 minutes ago, bretts173 said:

Just realised I have the dreaded Vila followed by Mystery island double next week on Ovation. We are not scheduled to leave Vila until 8PM. With the beetle problem well known, why would they schedule such a late departure.

Who knows.