Luggage direct option?

westcoastcruiser

We are looking at a cruise on the Rotterdam where we would use Jetblue for our flights.  The flight we would take home does not leave until around 6:30 pm from Fort Lauderdale.  

Does HAL in conjunction with Jetblue offer luggage direct service where our luggage would be taken from the ship and next time we would see it would be at our home airport (Las Vegas?)

We just got off Rotterdam and used the direct luggage.  Maybe expensive but we are 78 years young and not pushing our luggage around was well worth the price.  Only knock was waiting at the port for the shuttle for the airport to fill.  Took around 45 minutes.  It followed us on Delta through a transfer to back home in Kentucky.  Good luck

• Like 1

Do be careful about using Luggage Forward.  I got off Silversea Silver Wind a month ago, handed over my big suitcase - and haven't seen it since.  So far, I'm getting a total runaround in my communications with them.  (Don't know about Luggage Direct; haven't used them.)

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I eventually received my bag, all contents intact - but nearly a month after the Luggage Forward "guarantee" of return receipt.  Very poor communication from the company during this period.  I won't be using their service again.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 2:37 PM, RetiredRich said:

We just got off Rotterdam and used the direct luggage.  Maybe expensive but we are 78 years young and not pushing our luggage around was well worth the price.  Only knock was waiting at the port for the shuttle for the airport to fill.  Took around 45 minutes.  It followed us on Delta through a transfer to back home in Kentucky.  Good luck

can I ask what the cost is for this service?

Luggage Forward picks up at your home a week to 10 days prior to boarding and your luggage (should be) in your state room when you arrive. We are actually shipping 2 less than 50 pounds each suit cases this morning from Georgetown Texas to FLL. $288 total, including $500 insurance per bag.

Luggage Direct you can order while on board and it's cheap. $25 per person. You set your luggage outside your cabin and it arrives in your home airport. You also get your boarding passes delivered the night before you disembark. 

We've used Delta, American, Alaska Air. 

Have a lovely cruise.

Edited by Seasick Sailor
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Luggage Forward picks up at your home a week to 10 days prior to boarding and your luggage (should be) in your state room when you arrive. We are actually shipping 2 less than 50 pounds each suit cases this morning from Georgetown Texas to FLL. $288 total, including $500 insurance per bag.

Luggage Direct you can order while on board and it's cheap. $25 per person. You set your luggage outside your cabin and it arrives in your home airport. You also get your boarding passes delivered the night before you disembark. 

We've used Delta, American, Alaska Air. 

Have a lovely cruise.

Thank you. Luggage Direct sounds like a no brainer to me. 😃

• Like 2

Thank you for posting the HAL notice. I have used luggage direct several times from Fort Lauderdale flying Southwest. This time we're flying Jet Blue. I was happy to see that they also participated. The service is inexpensive and saves a lot of luggage handling by us. It's well worth it in my opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steirisch said:

What address do you give to the forwarding service as to the final location of the ship?  We're going on the Rotterdam in January and would love to ship our big bag, but unsure of the address to use.

When you sign up for Luggage Forward,  they will ask for your pick up address,  your ship, the date you embark,  your cabin number and confirmation number. They will take it from there. 

• Like 1