Delta Rejects Astra Zenica Vaccine?

CDNPolar

We are flying through Atlanta in December to Buenos Aires for the beginning of an Antarctica Cruise.  We are flying Delta.  This is the first time flying through the USA since before the pandemic.

Doing all the pre-flight checks early as the landscape is changing again for Covid.

Delta in the "FlyReady" section of your online reservation ask for:

1. Passport information - Done
  2. Vaccine proof
  3. Attestation - cannot do until 72 hours prior to flight
  4. Contact Tracing - cannot do until 72 hours prior to flight

I uploaded my vaccination information and it was accepted.  I am 5 shots from Moderna.

My husband's vaccination record however is being rejected.  We think because his first shot was Astra Zenica, where all the others since jab one, were either Pfizer or Moderna.

Is this going to be an issue for us?

I check now and see that USA requires us to be "fully vaccinated" but unfortunately Astra is not recognized by the USA.  He has flown all over Europe with this mix and now we are seeing that this is not sufficient for USA transit through Atlanta?

Since this, I have found this online that indicates that Astra is accepted?  Not sure why his vaccine status is being rejected online.  The message back on the rejection is that one of the "manufacturers" does not meet the criteria.

image.thumb.png.e78de9f37f5df772be2333581e48ee67.png

Although Argentina doesn’t have a vaccination requirement, you are in transit through the US and they do.  The US accepts mixed-dose vaccines authorized for emergency use by the WHO.  AZ IS ON THE LIST

Unfortunately, FlyReady is not equipped to deal with that.  Bring hard copies of everything to show at check-in in case they manually need to remove a flag.  They may or may not request to see them but have them handy.  

Enjoy your trip!  Our Antarctica trip was covid-cancelled and I haven’t yet gotten over it.  😄

• Like 1

My first 2 vaccines were AZ (covishield then Astra Zeneca). I have had 3 boosters since (a mix of pfizer and moderna). I have flown to the US and Europe and taken a couple of cruises with no problem. The CDC recognizes vaccines approved by the WHO and AZ is on the WHO list.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2022 at 12:28 PM, LHT28 said:

I would call Delta   they may be able to  do something  to override  the rejection status  since AZ  is OK & he has the other  shots

We called and after waiting an insufferable length of time to speak to someone they had no clue how to help us.  They just said you have to see the check in agent at the airport.

We try our best to reduce this kind of thing at the airport.  We wanted online checkin so we just had to go to bag drop and then to security.  Now we have to go to an agent first before bag drop.

4 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

We called and after waiting an insufferable length of time to speak to someone they had no clue how to help us.  They just said you have to see the check in agent at the airport.

We try our best to reduce this kind of thing at the airport.  We wanted online checkin so we just had to go to bag drop and then to security.  Now we have to go to an agent first before bag drop.

That is  a PITA  for you

Is Fly Ready  a Delta  thing? 

I have not used Delta  in many years

Not flown since 2019  either  so maybe something new

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/22/2022 at 7:17 AM, CDNPolar said:

We are flying through Atlanta in December to Buenos Aires for the beginning of an Antarctica Cruise.  We are flying Delta.  This is the first time flying through the USA since before the pandemic.

Doing all the pre-flight checks early as the landscape is changing again for Covid.

Delta in the "FlyReady" section of your online reservation ask for:

1. Passport information - Done
  2. Vaccine proof
  3. Attestation - cannot do until 72 hours prior to flight
  4. Contact Tracing - cannot do until 72 hours prior to flight

I uploaded my vaccination information and it was accepted.  I am 5 shots from Moderna.

My husband's vaccination record however is being rejected.  We think because his first shot was Astra Zenica, where all the others since jab one, were either Pfizer or Moderna.

Is this going to be an issue for us?

I check now and see that USA requires us to be "fully vaccinated" but unfortunately Astra is not recognized by the USA.  He has flown all over Europe with this mix and now we are seeing that this is not sufficient for USA transit through Atlanta?

So, how did you handle this situation?

Is Astrazenta are not accepted yet?

1 hour ago, Liao_pie said:

So, how did you handle this situation?

Is Astrazenta are not accepted yet?

We fly on December 6th.  We are yet to see, but all indicators on US government sites accept Astra and mixed vaccines, so this is a glitch with the Delta site.  Delta are still asking for upload of all these documents and proof, but in essence, it is not required for me to fly into the USA.  

On 12/17/2022 at 4:19 AM, CDNPolar said:

We fly on December 6th.  We are yet to see, but all indicators on US government sites accept Astra and mixed vaccines, so this is a glitch with the apk site.  Delta are still asking for upload of all these documents and proof, but in essence, it is not required for me to fly into the USA.  

I understand and wish you a good luck.

We flew into NYC recently and there was no question about vaccine status. My wife and I couldn’t get away at the same time so she flew AC and I was on Westjet and not one time were we asked.   Strange that you’re being asked now again. 

6 hours ago, Go2C said:

We flew into NYC recently and there was no question about vaccine status. My wife and I couldn’t get away at the same time so she flew AC and I was on Westjet and not one time were we asked.   Strange that you’re being asked now again. 

The difference is the US-based Delta FlyReady app.

It is the US based Delta FlyReady that is asking for all of this.

We are not really "being asked".  There is a link on the Delta account page where you can click the FlyReady button and it asks for all of this.  It did not seem mandatory, it was just there and I continued down the rabbit hole.

We know through searching all government web sites that we do NOT have to prove vaccination or any of that now, BUT, we are flying on December 26th and with all of the chaos at airports from weather we want to sail direct to bag drop and not have to be stopped anywhere for a check of anything.  This is why we decided to comply and provide everything they ask for.  We have no concerns about rights or disclosure... we got over that 3 years ago because we wanted to travel, so we uploaded and complied with every ask...  our vaccination status is as public as you can get!

Delta FlyReady finally accepted my husbands upload and we have now got everything uploaded!  Not sure why it did not before but it has finally now.

• Like 1