Constellation Aqua Class?

39august

I looked thru my photos that I took during our Constellation cruise earlier this month and it looks like to me that the Deck 11 A1 balconies have minimal overhead coverage. 

B23F8296-3953-42BB-8FCD-A52E08894925.thumb.png.6047c5f3d13d1c92f4ed0e372796c1b8.png

8E894223-D30C-41FF-9A99-89BF5579E961.thumb.png.bcbda83c526b46d0e64a6f826f4a0352.png

Here are some older threads on the subject that I found:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/1912240-millenium-a1-aqua-class-side-cabins-on-deck-11/

Edited by mahdnc

Deck 9 look to be fully covered with extra over-hang, so likely no sun at all.  The one exception is that there might be a couple in a pocket of less overhang aft of the mid-ship elevators.  The balcony is still fully covered on these, there just might not be extra over-hang.

Deck 11 look to have very little cover so likely get a lot of sun.

Here are photos of the Infinity from earlier this month but the Constellation will be the same.  I've tried to put a red box approximately where the aqua class rooms would be.

RMK_3846.thumb.jpg.982826843b0a5385e092e3d458450f94.jpg

RMK_3708.thumb.jpg.8ab54b90deeb6727ed563c02c8f19c7e.jpg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, prmssk said:

Deck 9 look to be fully covered with extra over-hang, so likely no sun at all.  The one exception is that there might be a couple in a pocket of less overhang aft of the mid-ship elevators.  The balcony is still fully covered on these, there just might not be extra over-hang.

Deck 11 look to have very little cover so likely get a lot of sun.

Here are photos of the Infinity from earlier this month but the Constellation will be the same.  I've tried to put a red box approximately where the aqua class rooms would be.

RMK_3846.thumb.jpg.982826843b0a5385e092e3d458450f94.jpg

RMK_3708.thumb.jpg.8ab54b90deeb6727ed563c02c8f19c7e.jpg

You are correct in this case.  However when we (Constellation) were docked right next to Infinity earlier this month, there were obvious differences between the two ships in how some of the balconies (Royal Suites in this case) are covered.  

• Like 1

We have been in those aft-facing AQ1 staterooms on all four of the M-class ships.  On the Constellation we spent a B2B2B set of Mediterranean cruises in stateroom 1140.  I am extremely fair and sunburn easily.  I don't try to tan at all.  All of those aft facing staterooms are a nice balance between sun and cover.  Nice cover for when you want to sit near the balcony door, but lots of sun for those who desire when near the railing.  

We have not had issues with the movies on deck 12 as you can only hear them when on the balcony, and even then, only when there is action such as a car crash.  And the music from the Sunset Bar has never been an issue either.  

We enjoyed deck 9 AQ on Alaska cruise because we could sit outside even if it was raining and the overhang kept us dry.  Because it was cool we did not have any noise from pool deck above.  Really love those deck 11 AQ that are aft - not much overhang but larger balcony, easy exit to outside track area of 11 and then quick access to the Sunset bar below.  We did not have any issues with noise from movies or basketball court.

• Like 1