First time on Oasis - observations

Donsyb

On 11/24/2022 at 12:53 PM, John&LaLa said:

Oasis Class, and Oasis in particular, were always our favorites. But Oddysey blew us away. Hoping to enjoy Wonder next month

Odyssey was so great!  DH has a new favorite class of ship.

Odyssey has a open ceiling in the middle of the MDR that opens the 3 levels.  

On Oasis again in 12 days.  One thing we don’t like on Oasis is the lack of storage in a balcony room.  For us it’s just not enough.  And if the bed is by the closet it’s feels even worse.  Yes, we pack too much because we like to dress for dinner every night.  We are already lamenting that we should have booked a jr suite this time.  

On 11/23/2022 at 10:09 PM, loman said:

We did one Anthem cruise and it was one and done .

I really wanted to like it , but Oasis class is a winner for us.

I only liked the Music Hall .

I didn't even like that ! If it wasn't for Vintages, I think I'd have thrown someone overboard 😝

12 hours ago, deepdish1082 said:

When is the anchor away parade on oasis of the sea

There was two, both in sea days. The second one was the last day, think the other was the first sea day (we had three sea days and some port days in between).

On 11/30/2022 at 12:16 AM, Philly Steve said:

The positives outweighed the negatives on our first Oasis cruise last September.  Disliked the WJ and music venue acoustics, echo on pool deck. Loved the hull design, open solarium, water play and all that gorgeous glass.

The solarium is the only thing that worries me about Wonder! I liked the fact the solarium was open, and did most of my sunbathing/ lounging on the open deck in front of the solarium, but Wonder is all enclosed 😞

18 hours ago, shof515 said:

how is the CATS show?

We didn’t go. We were supposed to go the last afternoon, but after a cloudy morning the sun came out so we wanted to make the most of it before coming back to cold

England 😂

On 12/1/2022 at 8:31 AM, Donsyb said:

The solarium is the only thing that worries me about Wonder! I liked the fact the solarium was open, and did most of my sunbathing/ lounging on the open deck in front of the solarium, but Wonder is all enclosed 😞

Having done 5 Oasis ships this year, I would say Wonder is the best as she is bigger with tiered seating along both sides and enjoyable because of NO wind.

nice bistro layout too.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2022 at 10:32 AM, cruiselvr04 said:

Odyssey was so great!  DH has a new favorite class of ship.

Odyssey has a open ceiling in the middle of the MDR that opens the 3 levels.  

On Oasis again in 12 days.  One thing we don’t like on Oasis is the lack of storage in a balcony room.  For us it’s just not enough.  And if the bed is by the closet it’s feels even worse.  Yes, we pack too much because we like to dress for dinner every night.  We are already lamenting that we should have booked a jr suite this time.  

I so agree with the storage problem.  And hate the closet a foot from the bed.  Also hate the useless bedside tables with no drawers, everything slides off and ends up on the floor.  Awful design for a ship.

On 11/30/2022 at 9:11 AM, Thisguylikestocruise said:

I believe Odyssey is the only Quantum class ship that doesn’t have the low ceiling main dining rooms. Can someone confirm this.

That's good to know, thanks.

2 hours ago, FrannyK said:

I so agree with the storage problem.  And hate the closet a foot from the bed.  Also hate the useless bedside tables with no drawers, everything slides off and ends up on the floor.  Awful design for a ship.

Our bed was by the window, with couch by the wardrobe