Using OBC for Indulgence package.

BuckGood

1 hour ago, BuckGood said:

Then you loose the 31% off the package they offer before the cruise don’t you? BTW this OBC is from my TA Not Azamara!

Price of the package is the same pre boarding or on board.  The 31% mentioned in the advertising is the benefit of the package vs buying the items separately

• Like 1

It was worth it for us to purchase it upfront because of the shore excursion credit portion... we didn't want to be disappointed if any had sold-out by the time we got on the ship (has happened to us before).

We bought the indulgence package and saved a bundle of money.  There wasn't one thing in the package we won't make 100% use of and because of the length of our 17 night cruise, the ultimate beverage package upgrade was effectively paid for with our savings.

Edited by DenGNNJ
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Baking Trainer said:

Are there different types of OBC?

im sure I read somewhere that my OBC can only be used for excursions? 
First time with Azamara 

If you get the OBC as a promotion and it’s specifically advertised as for excursions, then you can only spend it on that. If you buy one of the essentials packages that include specific amount of OBC for specific items (eg Spa, Excursions) then you can nay spend it on whatever’s set against.

General OBC can be spent on anything I.e. if it’s not advertised as being for something specific.

• Thanks 1

On 11/23/2022 at 8:20 PM, DenGNNJ said:

It was worth it for us to purchase it upfront because of the shore excursion credit portion... we didn't want to be disappointed if any had sold-out by the time we got on the ship (has happened to us before).

We bought the indulgence package and saved a bundle of money.  There wasn't one thing in the package we won't make 100% use of and because of the length of our 17 night cruise, the ultimate beverage package upgrade was effectively paid for with our savings.

Makes sense. We've previously bought the Indulence package pre-cruise and used the included Excursion OBC to pre-book excursions to avoid risk of missing out. Then, when you get on board, you can cancel and re-purchase the Indulgence package using any general OBC you've got from your TA or Az as part/full payment for the Indulence package.