Golden Eagle Catamaran

carlp

• 2 weeks later...

Feb 2021 was last visit there. Golden Eagle was awesome. Like the cruise ship, # of people on board were way down which made it even better. Fun trip to snorkel site, then to a beach for some chill time. Fun trip back to port taking in lots of coastline. A lively trip!  Will be there in Feb 2023 and we’ve already booked it again.

We were on the Princess Excursion yesterday and the captain of the Golden Eagle III wasn't paying attention as we were sailing back to the cruise port and we were almost in a head on collision with an oncoming barge going full speed. Passengers started acreaming and the Captain  swerved at the last minute. We were hit hard on the side. Several passengers went down hard and one lady went into convulsions. Had to make an emergency stop so EMS could come on board.

54 minutes ago, atlast95 said:

We were on the Princess Excursion yesterday and the captain of the Golden Eagle III wasn't paying attention as we were sailing back to the cruise port and we were almost in a head on collision with an oncoming barge going full speed. Passengers started acreaming and the Captain  swerved at the last minute. We were hit hard on the side. Several passengers went down hard and one lady went into convulsions. Had to make an emergency stop so EMS could come on board.

Oh my goodness! That sounds awful. I hope everyone is ok.

We are scheduled for this via Celebrity in two weeks. I'll update if the excursion is canceled because of damage to the boat (or lack of a captain!).

Edited by cyntil8ing

There are multiple Golden Eagle Catamarans -- there were 2 at the dock when we did our tour, so your tour is probably running. If I had to do it over again I would choose a different shore excursion. I don't think I could have swum to shore if we had been involved in the head on collision at full speed that we narrowly missed. I don't think the lady in the wheelchair could have either. Or the people who were completely wasted.

• 1 month later...

Golden Eagle was always our go to for St. Martin .. probably done it a dozen times and loved it. However, our last visit in July 2021 we were very disappointed. We didn't feel as "pampered" as they always had before, and the snorkeling was just barely interesting. I don't know if we went to a different area because of weather or something, but it had many floating docks and a walkway built of PVC on the ocean floor. Coral and fish not great.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...