Princess Dine-My-Way

I have been experiencing problems booking dining times in the MDR on the Coral Princess for our cruises in January and in February. Today I was advised by a Princess rep that they are no longer taking bookings for dinner in the MDR as they will be operating on an Anytime Dining system. If someone wants a private table they should ask at the dining room when they arrive.

I managed to get a booking for our March cruise a week or so ago but I'm expecting it to not make any difference in reality. The peak time on the last two Coral cruises seemed to 7:20pm. We switched to 8pm and had no problems getting a table for two. By the time we embarked the Round Australia cruise we'd decided where our favourite waiters were and got a "same time, same table" booking each night which worked until we ended up in isolation. After that they only had one MDR open so we had to take pot luck again.

About bloomin time. I've written reviews twice alerting them to the failure of the system. 

The app states you can book and avoid the queues but in reality when you turn up and say you have a booking they tell you to join the line (on Coral anyway), 

I just turned up each night, never waited long but I was a single and happy to share. The line was ne3ver very long anyway.

I'm on Grand next week and was waiting to see if that was any different. 

I suggested they use the system Carnival uses. Easy and efficient.  Sit in a bar, have a drink, book your table, they message you when it's ready with a table number. Walk up, tell them the table number and they take you straight there.  

Edited by sayaguru

1 hour ago, sayaguru said:

About bloomin time. I've written reviews twice alerting them to the failure of the system. 

The app states you can book and avoid the queues but in reality when you turn up and say you have a booking they tell you to join the line (on Coral anyway), 

I just turned up each night, never waited long but I was a single and happy to share. The line was ne3ver very long anyway.

I'm on Grand next week and was waiting to see if that was any different. 

I suggested they use the system Carnival uses. Easy and efficient.  Sit in a bar, have a drink, book your table, they message you when it's ready with a table number. Walk up, tell them the table number and they take you straight there.  

I came off the Carnival Splendor the other day and their dining arrangements are very good and the Hub does a good job too and you can even check out the menu and book your meals from the Hub, Carnival still have a paper menu for people that don’t use or carry their phones around

13 hours ago, rkmw said:

I came off the Carnival Splendor the other day and their dining arrangements are very good and the Hub does a good job too and you can even check out the menu and book your meals from the Hub, Carnival still have a paper menu for people that don’t use or carry their phones around

Yes I was on Splendor for the Melbourne Cup cruise. The dining worked well. It was great being able to look at the menu beforehand.